From: Chun Tian
Subject: Monitor remote Lisp image through SNMP
Hello, Lispers

First question, is there any system administrator (SA) who is also
Lisp programmer? If so, you may interest in this mail.

Almost one year ago, I started a project "cl-net-snmp", first on
common-lisp.net, then move source code to SourceForge (http://
sourceforge.net/projects/cl-net-snmp/). My goal is a complete network
management platform based on Lisp, support SNMP, IPMI and other
necessary protocols, GUI client, Web interface, ...

This is a pure lisp project, no depend on the net-snmp project. I
wrote ASN.1, BER and SNMP protocol by myself using Lisp. Only
LispWorks are supported now, because I cannot find a portable UDP
networking package. I also wrote a complete UDP networking package for
LispWorks, which support both server and client.

At present, the following has almost been done:

 * SNMP client. v1, v2c and v3 are all supported, SNMPv3 auth/priv
support are based on ironclad project.
 * SNMP server. it's just a framework, user can define a handler for
any OID, then a standard SNMP client are get infomation from this
server.

A example:

CL-USER 2 > (snmp:enable-snmp-service)
#<SNMP::SNMP-SERVER 200BE12B>

CL-USER 3 > (snmp:snmp-get "localhost" "sysDescr.0")
"LispWorks 5.0.2"

I have this handler for the value of "sysDescr.0":

(defoid "sysDescr.0" (o)
  "iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1)"
  (declare (ignore o))
  (format nil "~A ~A" (lisp-implementation-type) (lisp-implementation-
version)))

I think may be my work can be used for monitoring remote lisp images.
I want to define a MIB for variant Lisp platforms with at least GC
information included. Anyone who want to look more about my work will
be welcome~

Chun Tian (binghe)
NetEase.com, Inc.
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Monitor remote Lisp image through SNMP
Chun Tian <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, Lispers
>
> First question, is there any system administrator (SA) who is also
> Lisp programmer? If so, you may interest in this mail.
>
> Almost one year ago, I started a project "cl-net-snmp", first on
> common-lisp.net, then move source code to SourceForge (http://
> sourceforge.net/projects/cl-net-snmp/). My goal is a complete network
> management platform based on Lisp, support SNMP, IPMI and other
> necessary protocols, GUI client, Web interface, ...
>
> This is a pure lisp project, no depend on the net-snmp project. I
> wrote ASN.1, BER and SNMP protocol by myself using Lisp. Only
> LispWorks are supported now, because I cannot find a portable UDP
> networking package. I also wrote a complete UDP networking package for
> LispWorks, which support both server and client.
>
> At present, the following has almost been done:
>
>  * SNMP client. v1, v2c and v3 are all supported, SNMPv3 auth/priv
> support are based on ironclad project.
>  * SNMP server. it's just a framework, user can define a handler for
> any OID, then a standard SNMP client are get infomation from this
> server.
>
> A example:
>
> CL-USER 2 > (snmp:enable-snmp-service)
> #<SNMP::SNMP-SERVER 200BE12B>
>
> CL-USER 3 > (snmp:snmp-get "localhost" "sysDescr.0")
> "LispWorks 5.0.2"
>
> I have this handler for the value of "sysDescr.0":
>
> (defoid "sysDescr.0" (o)
>   "iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1)"
>   (declare (ignore o))
>   (format nil "~A ~A" (lisp-implementation-type) (lisp-implementation-
> version)))
>
> I think may be my work can be used for monitoring remote lisp images.
> I want to define a MIB for variant Lisp platforms with at least GC
> information included. Anyone who want to look more about my work will
> be welcome~
>
> Chun Tian (binghe)
> NetEase.com, Inc.

Very nice.  Thank you.