From: Ron Garret
Subject: How do you force ASDF to recompile?
Is there an easy way to force ASDF to recompile everything in a
system?  I'm stuck in the following situation after upgrading to a new
version of CCL:

? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
package.dx64fsl"...
> Error: Wrong FASL version.
> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
1 >
? (asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-op  :cl-html-parse)
NIL
? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
package.dx64fsl"...
> Error: Wrong FASL version.
> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

I know I can manually delete all the fasl files or something like
that, but I'd prefer to avoid that.  Thanks.

From: Willem Broekema
Subject: Re: How do you force ASDF to recompile?
On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, Ron Garret <····@flownet.com> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to force ASDF to recompile everything in a
> system?

To force recompilation and reloading of all files I've found this
command to work very well in general:

 (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op sys :force t)

By the way, asdf-binary-locations is a neat add-on for asdf that
ensures that fasl files of different Lisp implementation end up in
different directories apart from the source code. That gives less
clutter in the source directories and prevents fasl version clashes.

 http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-binary-locations/

- Willem
From: Ron Garret
In article
<····································@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
 Willem Broekema <········@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, Ron Garret <····@flownet.com> wrote:
> > Is there an easy way to force ASDF to recompile everything in a
> > system?
>
> To force recompilation and reloading of all files I've found this
> command to work very well in general:
>
>  (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op sys :force t)
>
> By the way, asdf-binary-locations is a neat add-on for asdf that
> ensures that fasl files of different Lisp implementation end up in
> different directories apart from the source code. That gives less
> clutter in the source directories and prevents fasl version clashes.
>
>  http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf-binary-locations/
>

> - Willem

Thanks!

rg
From: Edi Weitz
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:32:14 -0700 (PDT), Ron Garret <···@flownet.com> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to force ASDF to recompile everything in a
> system?  I'm stuck in the following situation after upgrading to a new
> version of CCL:
>
> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
> package.dx64fsl"...
>> Error: Wrong FASL version.
>> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
>> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>> Type :? for other options.
> 1 >
> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-op  :cl-html-parse)
> NIL
> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
> package.dx64fsl"...
>> Error: Wrong FASL version.
>> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
>> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>> Type :? for other options.
> 1 >
>
> I know I can manually delete all the fasl files or something like
> that, but I'd prefer to avoid that.  Thanks.

  http://bc.tech.coop/blog/041106.html

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Ron Garret
In article <·············@agharta.de>, Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de>
wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:32:14 -0700 (PDT), Ron Garret <···@flownet.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there an easy way to force ASDF to recompile everything in a
> > system?  I'm stuck in the following situation after upgrading to a new
> > version of CCL:
> >
> > ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
> > package.dx64fsl"...
> >> Error: Wrong FASL version.
> >> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
> >> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> >> Type :? for other options.
> > 1 >
> > ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-op  :cl-html-parse)
> > NIL
> > ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
> > package.dx64fsl"...
> >> Error: Wrong FASL version.
> >> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
> >> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> >> Type :? for other options.
> > 1 >
> >
> > I know I can manually delete all the fasl files or something like
> > that, but I'd prefer to avoid that.  Thanks.
>
>   http://bc.tech.coop/blog/041106.html
>
> Edi.

Lovely!  Thanks!

rg
From: Kenny
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:32:14 -0700 (PDT), Ron Garret <···@flownet.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to force ASDF to recompile everything in a
>> system?  I'm stuck in the following situation after upgrading to a new
>> version of CCL:
>>
>> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
>> package.dx64fsl"...
>>> Error: Wrong FASL version.
>>> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
>>> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>>> Type :? for other options.
>> 1 >
>> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-op  :cl-html-parse)
>> NIL
>> ? (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op  :cl-html-parse)
>> package.dx64fsl"...
>>> Error: Wrong FASL version.
>>> While executing: CCL::%FASLOAD, in process Listener(5).
>>> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>>> Type :? for other options.
>> 1 >
>>
>> I know I can manually delete all the fasl files or something like
>> that, but I'd prefer to avoid that.  Thanks.
>
>   http://bc.tech.coop/blog/041106.html

Given that the subject includes the keyword (force) and that someone
(Kenny) who neither uses ASDF nor reads documentation knows that the
subject includes the necessary keyword (see above)... TISLHFYP.

kt