From: ············@gmail.com
Subject: compiling/running a lisp project
Suppose I have a project organized this way:

 +- file1.lisp
 +- file2.lisp
(..)

 +- <f1> + f1-file1.lisp
 |              + f1-file2.lisp
 |             (..)

 +- <f2> + f2-file1.lisp
 |             + f2-file2.lisp
 |             (..)
(..)

where each xxx.lisp is a file, each <fonc-x> is a directory that
implements
functionality x, etc.

How to run this project ?
(1) Make a lisp file that load all the others, ignoring the warnings
of
    undefined symbols/functions/methods/whatever (that will be defined
    later in other files not already loaded) ?
(2) Use asdf ?
(3) other ?

(when (eql response '2)
    (please (give-me tutorial)))

I know lot of you don't write programs but just libraries, but who
knows ;)
Thanks,

-Nicolas

From: =?UTF-8?B?TGFycyBSdW5lIE7DuHN0ZGFs?=
Subject: Re: compiling/running a lisp project
············@gmail.com wrote:
> Suppose I have a project organized this way:
>
>  +- file1.lisp
>  +- file2.lisp
> (..)
>  +- <f1> + f1-file1.lisp
>  |              + f1-file2.lisp
>  |             (..)
>  +- <f2> + f2-file1.lisp
>  |             + f2-file2.lisp
>  |             (..)
> (..)
>
> where each xxx.lisp is a file, each <fonc-x> is a directory that
> implements
> functionality x, etc.
>
> How to run this project ?
> (1) Make a lisp file that load all the others, ignoring the warnings
> of
>     undefined symbols/functions/methods/whatever (that will be defined
>     later in other files not already loaded) ?
> (2) Use asdf ?
> (3) other ?
>
> (when (eql response '2)
>     (please (give-me tutorial)))
>

> I know lot of you don't write programs but just libraries, but who
> knows ;)
> Thanks,
>
> -Nicolas

Yeah, I'd use ASDF:

  http://constantly.at/lisp/asdf/
  http://common-lisp.net/~mmommer/asdf-howto.shtml

..it doesn't matter whether I'm working on a library, application or web-application; I use ASDF for all of them.

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/
From: Daniel Weinreb
Any of those would work.  ASDF should do fine, and
it's well known so other people will understand it
when they read it, if they're au courant with current
Common Lisp practice.

-- Dan