From: ···········@gmail.com
Subject: A Simple Lisp Logo
Hi all you lispers!

I had a go at a simple lisp logo, inspired by Xah's version of the
twisty lisp logo.

http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.png
or
http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.svg

In the SVG version, I've kept some intermediate steps so you can see
how I made it/them.

Cheers,
Jonathan

From: John Thingstad
Subject: Re: A Simple Lisp Logo
P� Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:07:26 +0200, skrev ···········@gmail.com
<···········@gmail.com>:

> Hi all you lispers!
>
> I had a go at a simple lisp logo, inspired by Xah's version of the
> twisty lisp logo.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.png
> or
> http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.svg
>
> In the SVG version, I've kept some intermediate steps so you can see
> how I made it/them.
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Well... Incscape looks insteresting.. Free and quite powerful.

--------------
John Thingstad
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
We love the 80s!

Besides this is when LISP was most powerfull!

Damn AI Winter.

From: ···········@gmail.com
On Jun 16, 9:09 am, "Dimiter \"malkia\" Stanev" <······@gmail.com>
wrote:
> We love the 80s!
>
> Besides this is when LISP was most powerfull!
>
> Damn AI Winter.
>
> ···········@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi all you lispers!
>
> > I had a go at a simple lisp logo, inspired by Xah's version of the
> > twisty lisp logo.
>
> >http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.png
> > or
> >http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.svg
>
> > In the SVG version, I've kept some intermediate steps so you can see
> > how I made it/them.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Jonathan

Thanks!  Maybe it's a subconscious affect of seeing the shorts for
Speed Racer.

And now I realise I should probably leave logo design to the graphic
designers.

I know it's OT, but what would happen if everyone reading
comp.lang.lisp posted to it?  That'd be interesting.  Perhaps
everyone's too self-conscious, or feels too noob (I do), or is scared
of flame.

P.S.  Honestly, I was expecting someone to say "Stop drawing pictures

Cheers,
Jonathan
From: Xah Lee
On Jun 15, 3:07 am, ············@gmail.com" <···········@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all you lispers!
>
> I had a go at a simple lisp logo, inspired by Xah's version of the
> twisty lisp logo.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.png
> orhttp://www.geocities.com/fram_ling_ham/lisp_logos.svg
>
> In the SVG version, I've kept some intermediate steps so you can see
> how I made it/them.
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Hey, you forgto to link to my website    =(^_^)=

http://xahlee.org/emacs/lisp_logo.html

Nice intermediate steps though. I was having a hell of a time trying
to fix the bitmap'd vector... but your technique is not mathematically
pure. Ideally, the corners, supposed to be formed from perfect
circles... and then second derivative should be smooth...

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄
From: Daniel Weinreb
···········@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all you lispers!
>
> I had a go at a simple lisp logo, inspired by Xah's version of the
> twisty lisp logo.

I like it.  Very pretty.  Good job!

-- Dan
From: ···········@gmail.com
On Jun 20, 10:39 pm, Daniel Weinreb <····@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> ···········@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi all you lispers!
>
> > I had a go at asimplelisplogo, inspired by Xah's version of the
> > twistylisplogo.
>
> I like it.  Very pretty.  Good job!
>
> -- Dan

Thanks Dan