From: namekuseijin
Subject: Re: Why such poor recursive behaviour?
On 31 jul, 06:34, Lars Rune Nøstdal <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Killer applications for PS3? Sounds like you should have bought a PC.

I don't have a PS3, though I suspect it's killerapp came and gone
without further ado:  MGS4.

> ..and scalability is solved elsewhere, in higher level places.

Yes, most certainly.  And I know being 5x slower than C ain't that
bad, it's just kind of a let down in this particular benchmark.

> That's
> why Google uses Python btw..

In small places, afaik.

> Try CFFI if you need low-level speed and you're sure Lisp lacks this

FFI is nice for providing glue code to interface with native
libraries.  Not really that much of an option for actual application
development, because you're not coding HighLevelLanguage nor C, but a
verbose mix of the 2 that sounds and reads lame.  I'd rather just code
in C or be a little slower in HighLevelLanguage.