From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: ANN: SymbolicWeb v0.3 - "Tabs, windows & Comet"
Hi,
Alright .. it's done! I've broken the two connection limit of
browsers; and multiple tabs/windows work now.

Check out the examples on the front page, most of them have changed
and show off a bit more of SW. Make sure you do a hard refresh of the
page if you've visited recently as there has been some changes to the
JavaScript files also:
  http://groups.google.com/group/symbolicweb
..scroll down to the "Examples" heading.

The ChangeLog file has some notes:
  http://common-lisp.net/~lnostdal/programming/lisp/symbolicweb/Changelog

Make sure you notice the new requirement for installation of
SymbolicWeb in the INSTALL file, here:
  http://common-lisp.net/~lnostdal/programming/lisp/symbolicweb/INSTALL

I've also made changes to the source code of all of the examples.
Things are simpler and look better. The LOCATION-CALLBACK and
LOCATION-CONTAINER APIs need more work though; those are the ones I'm
the least happy about now.

So I've basically solved all the major problems with AJAX/Comet now.
The only remaining issue is scalability, but I will solve this too. I
know I will -- I already have actually; .. I just have to pull myself
together and implement it proper. But, well, it scales quite good
already - as it is. SW has been mentioned on Reddit and Ajaxian; no
problem at all.

...ok, enough of that...

I'm going to continue adding more widgets now, I think .. but, eh,
anyone want to help? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help
people get up and running with this thing if they want to contribute;
so please, please mail me or ask on the forum if you have any
trouble.
Don't give up if something doesn't work or seems more troublesome
than
it should or could be; I want to know! :)

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/