From: Kenny
Subject: Can I Send Mail?
I have cl-s3 installed, which means Kpax and about a dozen other libraries.

I want programmatically to mail myself dribble output in crashes, and
mail people passwords they lose. Oh, and spam froggy with links to my site.

kt

From: Anthony
Subject: Re: Can I Send Mail?
On Jul 22, 9:37 am, Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have cl-s3 installed, which means Kpax and about a dozen other libraries.
>
> I want programmatically to mail myself dribble output in crashes, and
> mail people passwords they lose. Oh, and spam froggy with links to my site.
>
> kt

I'm using CL-SMTP for a website hosted on my Debian server.  Works
well but it needs a valid SMTP server to actually do the sending.

(defun send-email (to subject message)
  (let ((username "username")
        (password "password")
        (smtp-server "mail.someserver.com")
        (from ···@someserver.com"))
    (cl-smtp:send-email smtp-server from to subject message
                        :authentication (list :login username
password))))

Anthony
From: Kenny
Anthony wrote:
> On Jul 22, 9:37 am, Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have cl-s3 installed, which means Kpax and about a dozen other libraries.
>>
>> I want programmatically to mail myself dribble output in crashes, and
>> mail people passwords they lose. Oh, and spam froggy with links to my site.
>>
>> kt
>
> I'm using CL-SMTP for a website hosted on my Debian server.  Works
> well but it needs a valid SMTP server to actually do the sending.
>
> (defun send-email (to subject message)
>   (let ((username "username")
>         (password "password")
>         (smtp-server "mail.someserver.com")
>         (from ···@someserver.com"))
>     (cl-smtp:send-email smtp-server from to subject message
>                         :authentication (list :login username
> password))))
>
> Anthony

Cool, thx. Seems weird, it uses usocket to avoid implementation
dpenedency which needs socket-connect from the implementation. No
problem, ACL has it, but still...

Anyway, thx, looks good. Get ready, Jon!

:)

kt
From: Thomas F. Burdick
On Jul 22, 11:47 pm, Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anthony wrote:
> > On Jul 22, 9:37 am, Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have cl-s3 installed, which means Kpax and about a dozen other libraries.
>
> >> I want programmatically to mail myself dribble output in crashes, and
> >> mail people passwords they lose. Oh, and spam froggy with links to my site.
>
> >> kt
>
> > I'm using CL-SMTP for a website hosted on my Debian server.  Works
> > well but it needs a valid SMTP server to actually do the sending.
>
> > (defun send-email (to subject message)
> >   (let ((username "username")
> >         (password "password")
> >         (smtp-server "mail.someserver.com")
> >         (from ·····@someserver.com"))
> >     (cl-smtp:send-email smtp-server from to subject message
> >                         :authentication (list :login username
> > password))))
>
> > Anthony
>
> Cool, thx. Seems weird, it uses usocket to avoid implementation
> dpenedency which needs socket-connect from the implementation. No
> problem, ACL has it, but still...
>
> Anyway, thx, looks good. Get ready, Jon!
>
> :)
>
> kt

On Allegro, I just use net.post-office:send-letter. But go ahead and
take the harder route if you want :-)
From: Kenny
Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> On Jul 22, 11:47 pm, Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anthony wrote:
>>> I'm using CL-SMTP for a website hosted on my Debian server.  Works
>>> well but it needs a valid SMTP server to actually do the sending.
>>> (defun send-email (to subject message)
>>>   (let ((username "username")
>>>         (password "password")
>>>         (smtp-server "mail.someserver.com")
>>>         (from ·····@someserver.com"))
>>>     (cl-smtp:send-email smtp-server from to subject message
>>>                         :authentication (list :login username
>>> password))))
>>> Anthony
>> Cool, thx. Seems weird, it uses usocket to avoid implementation
>> dpenedency which needs socket-connect from the implementation. No
>> problem, ACL has it, but still...
>>
>> Anyway, thx, looks good. Get ready, Jon!
>>
>> :)
>>
>> kt
>
> On Allegro, ....

I detect a hint of vendor lock-in in the air. Slowly he turned...

>...I just use net.post-office:send-letter.

Hmmm. CLHS offers nothing on that. :)

> But go ahead and
> take the harder route if you want :-)

Well, thanks for the lead and I'll go that route if cl-smtp puts up much
more resistance /and/ I decide to deploy on AllegroCL, of course.

thx again, kzo