From: Tim Sally
Subject: SLIME/EMACS Issue on Shell Account
I can't get SLIM working.  Check out the error I get here:
http://pastebin.com/m79456a8c

Also, my .emacs file:
http://pastebin.com/mc10fe82

And version information:
GNU Emacs 21.4.1
GNU CLISP 2.33.2

I appreciate any help you can give me!

From: alien_guy
Subject: Re: SLIME/EMACS Issue on Shell Account
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:50:21 -0700, Tim Sally wrote:

> I can't get SLIM working.  Check out the error I get here:
> http://pastebin.com/m79456a8c
>
> Also, my .emacs file:
> http://pastebin.com/mc10fe82
>
> And version information:
> GNU Emacs 21.4.1
> GNU CLISP 2.33.2
>
> I appreciate any help you can give me!

First of all you need at least Emacs 22 for SLIME HEAD. Also using a more
recent version of CLISP(>=2.43) would be better.
From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
alien_guy <·@l.org> writes:

> First of all you need at least Emacs 22 for SLIME HEAD.

This is not true.

  -T.
From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Tim Sally <·······@uiuc.edu> writes:

> I can't get SLIM working.  Check out the error I get here:
> http://pastebin.com/m79456a8c
>
> Also, my .emacs file:
> http://pastebin.com/mc10fe82
>
> And version information:
> GNU Emacs 21.4.1
> GNU CLISP 2.33.2
>
> I appreciate any help you can give me!

What does typing (require :asdf) in a Clisp's toplevel give you? I don't
why it tries to open/load ~/asdf.lisp; perhaps an old line in your
.clisprc? Updating Clisp may also solve the issue incidentally.

  -T.
From: Tim Sally
With respect to the version issues, according to the SLIME website,
the versions I am using should be supported.

(require :asdf) gives...

[1]> (require :asdf)
NIL
[2]>

As for upgrading to newer versions, I have little to no control over
what versions I have access to, since I am not the owner of the
workstation, I just was given a user account for it.