From: Stanisław Halik
Subject: [Kenny] cells-gtk suckage
Kenny! cells-gtk fails on me.

When a gtk-app model references its kids through `fm-other' in
`:default-initargs :kids', cells whines circularity. The same happens
when `to-be' is called in :kids.

One more thing, defconstant +c-null+ breaks the latest sbcl compiler.
s/defconstant/defvar/ fixes the breakage.

--
The great peril of our existence lies in the fact that our diet consists
entirely of souls. -- Inuit saying
From: Kenny
Subject: Re: [Kenny] cells-gtk suckage
Stanisław Halik wrote:
> Kenny! cells-gtk fails on me.

We'll have it shot at dawn.

> When a gtk-app model references its kids through `fm-other' in
> `:default-initargs :kids', cells whines circularity.

When writing the formula for cell Z42 in Visicalc do you code?:

   Z42 + 1

If you are doing something incremental on an expected prior value, you
can use the symbol-macro .cache to get at that.

Not sure if your version has .cache, tho. I suggest anyway you find
Peter Hildebrandt's Cells-gtk3, has other amazing stuff /and/ the latest
Cells.

> The same happens
> when `to-be' is called in :kids.

Just make the kids, Cells will handle post-natal care. But to-be is gone
in Cells3. Cells3 now handles unattended births.

> One more thing, defconstant +c-null+ breaks the latest sbcl compiler.
> s/defconstant/defvar/ fixes the breakage.

We'll line SBCL up at dawn as well.

hth, kenny