From: frvallee
Subject: cl-opengl : can't run the examples
Hello,

I have just installed cl-opengl and I am trying to run the examples to
check if its correctly installed. But I have the following message :

--------------------------
CL-USER> (cl-glut-examples:run-examples)

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial
thread" {A72E769}>:
  While computing the class precedence list of the class named CL-GLUT-
EXAMPLES::DOUBLE-WINDOW.
The class named CL-GLUT:WINDOW is a forward referenced class.
The class named CL-GLUT:WINDOW is a direct superclass of the class
named CL-GLUT-EXAMPLES::DOUBLE-WINDOW.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-PCL::CPL-ERROR
 #<STANDARD-CLASS CL-GLUT-EXAMPLES::DOUBLE-WINDOW>
 "The class ~A is a forward referenced ·······@
                      The class ~A is ~A.")[:EXTERNAL]
0]
--------------------------------

I installed cl-opengl from : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cl-opengl/darcs/cl-opengl/
and I work with sbcl 1.0.15 and cffi-0.9.2

Did I miss something in the installation or are the examples bad ?
From: Luís Oliveira
Subject: Re: cl-opengl : can't run the examples
frvallee <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I installed cl-opengl from : http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cl-opengl/darcs/cl-opengl/
> and I work with sbcl 1.0.15 and cffi-0.9.2

Try using the CFFI version from the darcs repository. Also, if you use
cl-opengl's mailing list, you'll probably get faster replies.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/