From: ila
Subject: File operations in Common Lisp
How can I write a program in Common Lisp that can perform file
operations such as copying, renaming, moving and deleting files? I
don't think such operations are built-in, but can anyone recommend any
libraries or other ways of doing these operations?

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: File operations in Common Lisp
On Jul 5, 10:45 am, ila <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think ... are built-in...

"I don't think..." is never a good guess.
A better one can be found here:

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Front/X_Perm_F.htm
From: Pascal Costanza
ila wrote:
> How can I write a program in Common Lisp that can perform file
> operations such as copying, renaming, moving and deleting files? I
> don't think such operations are built-in, but can anyone recommend any
> libraries or other ways of doing these operations?

http://www.weitz.de/cl-fad/

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Richard M Kreuter
ila <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> How can I write a program in Common Lisp that can perform file
> operations such as copying, renaming, moving and deleting files? I
> don't think such operations are built-in, but can anyone recommend any
> libraries or other ways of doing these operations?

Half of your requests are indeed built-in:

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_rn_fil.htm

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_del_fi.htm

As for copying and moving, while you can write a routine in standard
Common Lisp that copies bytes from one file to another, if you're
interested in preserving file attributes or file structure, it may be
soundest to use "system commands" for the task.

--
RmK