From: Kenny
Subject: Lisp sucks!
How come values do not work with recursion!!!?

   (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))

wtf?!!

kenny

From: Rob Warnock
Subject: Re: Lisp sucks!
Kenny  <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| How come values do not work with recursion!!!?
|    (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))
| wtf?!!
+---------------

Reminder: You always rant to newbies about showing real examples and
saying which implementation, etc., etc. This works fine for me in CMUCL:

    > (defun yo-mama ()
	(values 1 2 3 4 5))

    YO-MAMA
    > (yo-mama)

    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    > (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))

    1
    2
    3
    4
    5

So where's the "does not work" in your case?!?

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Kenny
Rob Warnock wrote:
> Kenny  <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> +---------------
> | How come values do not work with recursion!!!?
> |    (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))
> | wtf?!!
> +---------------
>
> Reminder: You always rant to newbies about showing real examples and
> saying which implementation, etc., etc. This works fine for me in CMUCL:
>
>     > (defun yo-mama ()
> 	(values 1 2 3 4 5))
>
>     YO-MAMA
>     > (yo-mama)
>
>     1
>     2
>     3
>     4
>     5
>     > (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))
>
>     1
>     2
>     3
>     4
>     5
>     >

> So where's the "does not work" in your case?!?

Only in my head. But my concern was over recursively calling yo-mama,
which yo yo-mama does not. But I tried it, it works.

Lisp rocks!

kt
From: Ron Garret
In article <························@cv.net>,
 Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lisp rocks!

Yeah, but the name thuckth.

;-)

rg
From: Kenny
Ron Garret wrote:
> In article <························@cv.net>,
>  Kenny <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Lisp rocks!
>
> Yeah, but the name thuckth.

Close. My rejoinder anyway was going to be "Think Schmuckers".

hth
From: Kent M Pitman
Subject: Lisp rocks! [was (erroneously): Lisp sucks!]
Kenny <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> Rob Warnock wrote:
> > Kenny  <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> > +---------------
> > | How come values do not work with recursion!!!?
> > |    (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))
> > | wtf?!!
> > +---------------
> > Reminder: You always rant to newbies about showing real examples and
> > saying which implementation, etc., etc. This works fine for me in CMUCL:
> >     > (defun yo-mama ()
> > 	(values 1 2 3 4 5))
> >     YO-MAMA
> >     > (yo-mama)
> >     1
> >     2
> >     3
> >     4
> >     5
> >     > (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))
> >     1
> >     2
> >     3
> >     4
> >     5
> >     > So where's the "does not work" in your case?!?
>
> Only in my head. But my concern was over recursively calling yo-mama,
> which yo yo-mama does not. But I tried it, it works.
>
> Lisp rocks!

Additional reminder: A lot of people see only the subject line and
  never read into the thread.  It helps when you adjust that, too.
From: Kenny
Subject: Re: Lisp rocks! [was (erroneously): Lisp sucks!]
Kent M Pitman wrote:
> Kenny <·········@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Rob Warnock wrote:
>>> Kenny  <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> +---------------
>>> +---------------
>>> Reminder: You always rant to newbies about showing real examples and
>>> saying which implementation, etc., etc. This works fine for me in CMUCL:
>>>     > (defun yo-mama ()
>>> 	(values 1 2 3 4 5))
>>>     YO-MAMA
>>>     > (yo-mama)
>>>     1
>>>     2
>>>     3
>>>     4
>>>     5
>>>     > (values-list (multiple-value-list (yo-mama)))
>>>     1
>>>     2
>>>     3
>>>     4
>>>     5
>>>     > So where's the "does not work" in your case?!?
>> Only in my head. But my concern was over recursively calling yo-mama,
>> which yo yo-mama does not. But I tried it, it works.
>>
>> Lisp rocks!
>
> Additional reminder: A lot of people see only the subject line and
>   never read into the thread.  It helps when you adjust that, too.

Bah. I am busy finishing a Lisp application so I can hire all you
people, I have no time for public relations. Anyone still worried about
Lisp's popularity can join Ron's Association to Rename (We Don't Want to
Remind You).

hthk