From: Adam
Subject: Current semantic web work?
Is there current open-source lisp work being done on rdf/semantic
web?

The available libs in the area seem to be:
- SWCLOS, for which I can find many papers but no actual code.
- ABCL-web, (http://abcl-web.sourceforge.net/) which looks enormously
promising but seems to have been a one-off alpha announcement.
- Suave, (http://common-lisp.net/project/suave/) another very
interesting announcement including a skeleton template- and OO-based
web framework with basically no docs and lots of incomplete code.
- Wilbur2, (http://wilbur-rdf.sourceforge.net/) which does not seem to
work with any CL I have. On SBCL, I got around both the symbol
redefinition and the keyword-as-symbol problem (as documented:
http://www.lassila.org/blog/archive/2006/01/is_wilbur_dead.html) but
ran into sbcl-only code based on an old version of threading support
and calls to some now-undefined constructs.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used these systems,
gotten wilbur to install on an open-source lisp, or munged their own
library.

There's always Allegro, but I thought I would check my options before
heading down that road.

Thanks,

Adam

From: ···@crispylogics.com
Subject: Re: Current semantic web work?
On 27 Jan., 23:06, Adam <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Wilbur2, (http://wilbur-rdf.sourceforge.net/) which does not seem to
> work with any CL I have. On SBCL, I got around both the symbol
> redefinition and the keyword-as-symbol problem (as documented:http://www.lassila.org/blog/archive/2006/01/is_wilbur_dead.html) but
> ran into sbcl-only code based on an old version of threading support
> and calls to some now-undefined constructs.
>
> I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used these systems,
> gotten wilbur to install on an open-source lisp, or munged their own
> library.

I'm maintaining e a more recent snapshot of wilbur2. It's at least
tested to work on LispWorks. You can try your luck here:

http://www.crispylogics.com/en/downloads/opensource/index.html

ciao,
Jochen
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

http://www-kasm.nii.ac.jp/~koide/SWCLOS2-en.files/page0001.htm

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jan 27, 11:13 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  Adam <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there current open-source lisp work being done on rdf/semantic
> > web?
>
> > The available libs in the area seem to be:
> > - SWCLOS, for which I can find many papers but no actual code.
>
> http://www-kasm.nii.ac.jp/~koide/SWCLOS2-en.files/page0001.htm
>
> > - ABCL-web, (http://abcl-web.sourceforge.net/) which looks enormously
> > promising but seems to have been a one-off alpha announcement.
> > - Suave, (http://common-lisp.net/project/suave/) another very
> > interesting announcement including a skeleton template- and OO-based
> > web framework with basically no docs and lots of incomplete code.
> > - Wilbur2, (http://wilbur-rdf.sourceforge.net/) which does not seem to
> > work with any CL I have. On SBCL, I got around both the symbol
> > redefinition and the keyword-as-symbol problem (as documented:
> >http://www.lassila.org/blog/archive/2006/01/is_wilbur_dead.html) but
> > ran into sbcl-only code based on an old version of threading support
> > and calls to some now-undefined constructs.
>
> > I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used these systems,
> > gotten wilbur to install on an open-source lisp, or munged their own
> > library.
>
> > There's always Allegro, but I thought I would check my options before
> > heading down that road.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Adam

Where do you found this things Rainer ? it seems that no matter what
kind of resources people ask for you always has the right answer.
Thanks anyway.

cheers
Slobodan
http://tourdelisp.blogspot.com/
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@k39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 11:13 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> > In article
> > <····································@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  Adam <·······@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Is there current open-source lisp work being done on rdf/semantic
> > > web?
> >
> > > The available libs in the area seem to be:
> > > - SWCLOS, for which I can find many papers but no actual code.
> >
> > http://www-kasm.nii.ac.jp/~koide/SWCLOS2-en.files/page0001.htm
> >
> > > - ABCL-web, (http://abcl-web.sourceforge.net/) which looks enormously
> > > promising but seems to have been a one-off alpha announcement.
> > > - Suave, (http://common-lisp.net/project/suave/) another very
> > > interesting announcement including a skeleton template- and OO-based
> > > web framework with basically no docs and lots of incomplete code.
> > > - Wilbur2, (http://wilbur-rdf.sourceforge.net/) which does not seem to
> > > work with any CL I have. On SBCL, I got around both the symbol
> > > redefinition and the keyword-as-symbol problem (as documented:
> > >http://www.lassila.org/blog/archive/2006/01/is_wilbur_dead.html) but
> > > ran into sbcl-only code based on an old version of threading support
> > > and calls to some now-undefined constructs.
> >
> > > I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used these systems,
> > > gotten wilbur to install on an open-source lisp, or munged their own
> > > library.
> >
> > > There's always Allegro, but I thought I would check my options before
> > > heading down that road.
> >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > > Adam
>
> Where do you found this things Rainer ? it seems that no matter what
> kind of resources people ask for you always has the right answer.
> Thanks anyway.

I have the big Google foo. Actually, I read the Google manual.
Well, no, I type in some words and press 'I feel lucky'.
Hmm, maybe it's because Google's MapReduce is obvious for a Lisp hacker?
;-) But it could also be that I was hearing the talk about
SWCLOS at the International Lisp Conference 2005. ;-)

Probably this is a good time to mention the upcoming ECLM
http://weitz.de/eclm2008/ and the ELS 2008
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/ ?! Lisp enthusiasts
and other interested people should definitely check that
out.

From: Edi Weitz
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:43:48 +0100, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:

> Probably this is a good time to mention the upcoming ECLM
> http://weitz.de/eclm2008/ and the ELS 2008
> http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/ ?!

Thanks!

> Lisp enthusiasts and other interested people should definitely check
> that out.

Will you also be there?  Or did we manage to coincide with the Hamburg
Marathon once again?

Edi.

--

European Common Lisp Meeting, Amsterdam, April 19/20, 2008

  http://weitz.de/eclm2008/

From: Rainer Joswig
In article <·············@agharta.de>, Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de>
wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:43:48 +0100, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
>
> > Probably this is a good time to mention the upcoming ECLM
> > http://weitz.de/eclm2008/ and the ELS 2008
> > http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/ ?!
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Lisp enthusiasts and other interested people should definitely check
> > that out.
>
> Will you also be there?  Or did we manage to coincide with the Hamburg
> Marathon once again?

I have not yet scheduled what to do in April. The ECLM meeting
is very tempting, though.

From: Alex Mizrahi
 A> - ABCL-web, (http://abcl-web.sourceforge.net/) which looks enormously
 A> promising but seems to have been a one-off alpha announcement.

what do you mean? code is released, and it works.

certainly functionality is in no way complete, and it's packaged in a
big-ball-of-mud with rest of ABCL-web..
but i believe it should be fairly easy to extend it wrapping more Jena/ARQ
constructs, and re-packaging ain't that hard..
From: Adam
Thanks to Rainer and Jochen for the two links. My apologies to Alex, I
will certainly look into ABCL-web.

As long as you're being helpful and contradicting my expectations, I
don't suppose anyone's done work on RDF-in-HTML (RDFa, etc.) or RDFON,
huh?

-Adam