From: Petter Gustad
Subject: Gentoo: Common Lisp controller and sbcl
I recently wanted to give SBCL a try on one of my Gentoo systems. But
unlike CMUCL it does not store the fasl files under
/var/cache/common-lisp-controller... but rather in the same directory
as the source, where it does not have write permission.

After some googling I read that I can set *redirect-fasl-files-to-cache*
to t, but where would be the correct place to set it?

Thanks
Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Gentoo: Common Lisp controller and sbcl
Hi Petter,

the common lisp controller isn't used by Gentoo anymore.  Did you have a
look at the Gentoo Common Lisp User Guide?

  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/common-lisp/guide.xml

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it
needs to be.
From: Petter Gustad
Tassilo Horn <·······@member.fsf.org> writes:

> the common lisp controller isn't used by Gentoo anymore.  Did you have a
> look at the Gentoo Common Lisp User Guide?
>
>   http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/common-lisp/guide.xml

Thanks Tassilo, I was not aware of that and I've not seen the Gentoo
Common Lisp User Guide until now.

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: Petter Gustad
Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <·······@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>> the common lisp controller isn't used by Gentoo anymore.  Did you have a
>> look at the Gentoo Common Lisp User Guide?
>>
>>   http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/common-lisp/guide.xml
>
> Thanks Tassilo, I was not aware of that and I've not seen the Gentoo
> Common Lisp User Guide until now.

SBCL seem to work fine now, but CMUCL only gives me:

Error in function LISP::IMPORT-DIRECTORY:
   #<SEARCH-LIST home> is not allowed as a directory component.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Whenever I try to asdf:compile-op. I even tried to unmerge and remerge
CMUCL without any luck. Time to do some debugging or switching to
SBCL.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: Tassilo Horn
Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:

Hi Petter,

> SBCL seem to work fine now, but CMUCL only gives me:
>
> Error in function LISP::IMPORT-DIRECTORY:
>    #<SEARCH-LIST home> is not allowed as a directory component.
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
>
> Whenever I try to asdf:compile-op. I even tried to unmerge and remerge
> CMUCL without any luck. Time to do some debugging or switching to
> SBCL.

I use clisp here, so I can't help you with that issue.  But you may want
to ask on #gentoo-lisp (on freenode) or on the ···········@gentoo.org
mailinglist.  AFAIKT these guys are quite responsible.

Bye,
Tassilo