From: vtail
Subject: SLIME's Meta-Point
Hello group,

what are the prerequisites for Slime's M-. working in the current
buffer? I'm reading sources for some packages that are installed via
ASDF, and sometimes just pressing M-. on a symbol in the source code
buffer (even after loading the package with ASDF) is not enough - I
guess this is the case when the symbol exported from other package, or
so it seems.

Anybody familiar with SLIME's black magic?

Thanks.
From: vtail
Subject: Re: SLIME's Meta-Point
On Jan 25, 12:14 am, vtail <··············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> what are the prerequisites for Slime's M-. working in the current
> buffer? I'm reading sources for some packages that are installed via
> ASDF, and sometimes just pressing M-. on a symbol in the source code
> buffer (even after loading the package with ASDF) is not enough - I
> guess this is the case when the symbol exported from other package, or
> so it seems.
>
> Anybody familiar with SLIME's black magic?
>
> Thanks.

Ah, never mind - my mistake. I was deep inside some defun, and have
mixed up a variable definition in a long let with a function call. M-.
seems to work just fine on real functions :).

Regards,
Victor.