From: ········@myuw.net
Subject: MindForth 24.JAN.2008
The LISP language was supposed to be the language of AI,
but Forth came in first with Mind.Forth on 22.JAN.2008 and
http://AIMind-I.com as the first offspring of the first AI.
Now Lisp must play also-ran catch-up and scramble to imitate
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mind4th.html - MindForth.

How did Forth AI get so far ahead of Lisp AI? And how long
will MindForth and company lead the AI pack? Wake up, Lisp
community, or get left behind in the race to the AI future.

The AI creation cycle is already in its second iteration.
Today we Forth AI coders will take an already working AI
program and -- we have the technology -- make it better,
smarter, stronger.

Out first order of business is to change the verbClear
mind-module that drops activation on all verbs to zero
and transform it into a verbClip module that clips off
any activation on verbs above a given threshold level,
so that the commencement of user input does not get
swamped by high activation remaining on verbs, but also
does not terminate the viability of chains of thought.

ATM/Mentifex
--
http://www.kurzweilai.net/mindx/profile.php?id=26
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mind4th.html

From: Ged  Byrne
Subject: Re: MindForth 24.JAN.2008
> The AI creation cycle is already in its second iteration.
> Today we Forth AI coders will take an already working AI
> program and -- we have the technology -- make it better,
> smarter, stronger.

Sorry, but my natural intelligence is letting me down somewhat.

What does mindforth actually do?  How might somebody make use of it?
From: ········@myuw.net
> > The AI creation cycle is already in its second iteration.
> > Today we Forth AI coders will take an already working AI
> > program and -- we have the technology -- make it better,
> > smarter, stronger.
>
> Sorry, but my natural intelligence is letting me down somewhat.
>
> What does mindforth actually do?  How might somebody make use of it?

MindForth shows the theory of mind at
http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory5.html
in action -- thinking in meandering
chains of thought.

Somebody might make use of it by teaching a
course on artificial intelligence in connection with
http://mind.sourceforge.net/aisteps.html --
the original AI4U textbook material expanded
to include AI background Wikipedia articles
and updated AI4U chapter-webpages.

First, of course, a skeptical mind would have
to examine Mind.Forth and decide whether
it is truly thinking or just faking it like a chatbot.
A specific version of Win32Forth has to be
downloaded and the free AI source code
has to be "fload"-ed into Win32Forth.

Now, the Wright brothers' "First Flight" (see coin)
aeroplane at Kitty Hawk in 1903 was not a
Space Shuttle, and neither is MindForth a
superintelligence. In fact, it is the most
primitive AI in the world (and also perhaps
the _only_ AI in the world).

But if you run Mind.Forth in Tutorial mode
and study the User Manual free on-line at
http://mind.sourceforge.net/m4thuser.html
you may discover that the Forthmind (not
_yet_ the Lispmind!) spreads activation
from concept to concept and thus thinks
under a Chomskyan superstructure.

And if you remain skeptical, revisit MindForth
as time goes by and see if it gets any better.

By the way, Tim Bradshaw and other Lispers,
whoever would fain port MindForth to Lisp
is welcome to switch all the documentation
over to Lisp-oriented webpages online.

Now please be civil and not ad hominem.

Arthur T. Murray/Mentifex
From: Tim Bradshaw
On Jan 25, 4:14 am, ········@myuw.net wrote:

> ATM/Mentifex

Welcome back! Time is clearly running backwards.  Soon people will be
advertising green card lotteries again, as recent immigrants compete
to leave America, Linux will shrink to a few primitive lines of x86-
specific code, the web will die away, newsgroups will have names
beginning "net" before themselves slowly dying away.

Is it only me, or does all this seem like a good thing?
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,
 Tim Bradshaw <··········@tfeb.org> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 4:14 am, ········@myuw.net wrote:
>
> > ATM/Mentifex
>
> Welcome back! Time is clearly running backwards.  Soon people will be
> advertising green card lotteries again, as recent immigrants compete
> to leave America, Linux will shrink to a few primitive lines of x86-
> specific code, the web will die away, newsgroups will have names
> beginning "net"

Right. Please comp.lang.lisp users, make yourself familiar
with the postings from net.lang.lisp so you don't
ask FAQs! Well, actually it is still a good read for
comp.lang.lisp questions. ;-)

http://groups.google.com/group/net.lang.lisp/about

> before themselves slowly dying away.
>
> Is it only me, or does all this seem like a good thing?

Let's backtrack.

Tim, I'll check how to set up DIALNET on the Symbolics. Maybe
I shouldn't throw that old modem away...
From: Espen Vestre
Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:

> Tim, I'll check how to set up DIALNET on the Symbolics. Maybe
> I shouldn't throw that old modem away...

Did you hear that '80s mobile phones are hot again?

Btw last time I saw Mentifex, it was implemented in javascript. That
it now runs in forth just shows that Tim is right. Time /is/ running
backwards.... oh sh**, I'll be late for school, see you later!
--
  (espen)
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jan 25, 1:56 pm, Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> wrote:
> Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:
> > Tim, I'll check how to set up DIALNET on the Symbolics. Maybe
> > I shouldn't throw that old modem away...
>
> Did you hear that '80s mobile phones are hot again?
>
> Btw last time I saw Mentifex, it was implemented in javascript. That
> it now runs in forth just shows that Tim is right. Time /is/ running
> backwards.... oh sh**, I'll be late for school, see you later!
> --
>   (espen)

I'm unable to respond anymore because I didn't learned how to read &
write yet, this reply is courtesy of my father. Now going to nap in my
cradle just after I finish my milk.

Slobodan
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
> On Jan 25, 1:56 pm, Espen Vestre <·····@vestre.net> wrote:
>> Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:
>>> Tim, I'll check how to set up DIALNET on the Symbolics. Maybe
>>> I shouldn't throw that old modem away...
>> Did you hear that '80s mobile phones are hot again?
>>
>> Btw last time I saw Mentifex, it was implemented in javascript. That
>> it now runs in forth just shows that Tim is right. Time /is/ running
>> backwards.... oh sh**, I'll be late for school, see you later!
>> --
>>   (espen)
>
> I'm unable to respond anymore because I didn't learned how to read &
> write yet, this reply is courtesy of my father. Now going to nap in my
> cradle just after I finish my milk.
>
> Slobodan

Big-bang: Hello.
God: Houston we have a problem!
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
 ········@myuw.net wrote:

> The LISP language was supposed to be the language of AI,
> but Forth came in first with Mind.Forth on 22.JAN.2008 and
> http://AIMind-I.com as the first offspring of the first AI.
> Now Lisp must play also-ran catch-up and scramble to imitate
> http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mind4th.html - MindForth.
>
> How did Forth AI get so far ahead of Lisp AI? And how long
> will MindForth and company lead the AI pack? Wake up, Lisp
> community, or get left behind in the race to the AI future.
>
> The AI creation cycle is already in its second iteration.
> Today we Forth AI coders will take an already working AI
> program and -- we have the technology -- make it better,
> smarter, stronger.
>
> Out first order of business is to change the verbClear
> mind-module that drops activation on all verbs to zero
> and transform it into a verbClip module that clips off
> any activation on verbs above a given threshold level,
> so that the commencement of user input does not get
> swamped by high activation remaining on verbs, but also
> does not terminate the viability of chains of thought.
>
> ATM/Mentifex
> --
> http://www.kurzweilai.net/mindx/profile.php?id=26
> http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/mind4th.html
> http://mind.sourceforge.net/aisteps.html
> http://onsingularity.com/user/mentifex

We haven't seen this Arthur T. Murray for some time.
The Mindforth postings started more than a decade back
in time.

See also: http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html