From: ··········@gmail.com
Subject: Printing in Color
Can we use 'print' or 'format' to print(on standard output) in color?
(Allegro CL on windows)

-Tushar

From: vanekl
Subject: Re: Printing in Color
On Jan 17, 6:58 am, ···········@gmail.com" <··········@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Can we use 'print' or 'format' to print(on standard output) in color?
> (Allegro CL on windows)
>
> -Tushar

This was discussed some about two weeks ago on this list. You may find
something of worth there, too. It had "color" in the title.
--
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
From: John Thingstad
P� Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:58:15 +0100, skrev ··········@gmail.com
<··········@gmail.com>:

> Can we use 'print' or 'format' to print(on standard output) in color?
> (Allegro CL on windows)
>
> -Tushar

The same way you would print in color to *standard-output*/stdout in any
language.
It totally depends what *standard output* is connected to.

First console options:

Under windows 95/98 there is a  ANSI driver you can run under command that
allows the use of color. A devive=ansi.sys needs to be in config.sys. (You
can look up 'ANSI color')

I guess you have NT or higher which doesn't support a ANSI driver.
There is batch command @color which might work. (you can look up 'cmd
color')

Now the REPL options:

For the ACL REPL I don't know. Try the documentation.
For the SLIME/ilisp REPL (lookup 'EMACS color'')

John Thingstad
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon

Try:   http://www.informatimago.com/~pjb/ansi-test
with:  http://darcs.informatimago.com/darcs/public/lisp/common-lisp/ecma048.lisp