From: proton
Subject: Switching off warning messages in CLISP
How can I switch off the warning messages of "Replacing method" or
"DEFUN/DEFMACRO redefining function" in CLISP?
I've checked the implementation notes, but couldn't find anything.
Is there a way to avoid these warnings every time I reload the file I
am writing?
TIA

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Switching off warning messages in CLISP
In article
<····································@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
 proton <··········@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I switch off the warning messages of "Replacing method" or
> "DEFUN/DEFMACRO redefining function" in CLISP?
> I've checked the implementation notes, but couldn't find anything.
> Is there a way to avoid these warnings every time I reload the file I
> am writing?
> TIA

I don't know about CLISP, but see also *compile-print*, *compile-verbose*,
*load-print and *load-verbose* .

Standard in ANSI Common Lisp...
From: proton
On Jan 17, 1:21 am, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  proton <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How can I switch off the warning messages of "Replacing method" or
> > "DEFUN/DEFMACRO redefining function" in CLISP?
> > I've checked the implementation notes, but couldn't find anything.
> > Is there a way to avoid these warnings every time I reload the file I
> > am writing?
> > TIA
>
> I don't know about CLISP, but see also *compile-print*, *compile-verbose*,
> *load-print and *load-verbose* .
>
> Standard in ANSI Common Lisp...

No, these variables have no effect on this. (At least, not in
CLISP.) :<
From: alien_guy
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:03:16 -0800, proton wrote:

> How can I switch off the warning messages of "Replacing method" or
> "DEFUN/DEFMACRO redefining function" in CLISP? I've checked the
> implementation notes, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to
> avoid these warnings every time I reload the file I am writing?
> TIA

(setf custom:*suppress-check-redefinition* t)
(without-package-lock (:clos)
  (setf clos::*warn-if-gf-already-called*   nil
        clos::*gf-warn-on-replacing-method* nil))

this works with clisp 2.43
From: tumm
On Jan 16, 7:03 pm, proton <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I switch off the warning messages of "Replacing method" or
> "DEFUN/DEFMACRO redefining function" in CLISP?
> I've checked the implementation notes, but couldn't find anything.
> Is there a way to avoid these warnings every time I reload the file I
> am writing?
> TIA

anyone got an answer for this one for SBCL? i've tried the follow
settings, with no luck:

#+SBCL (DECLAIM (SB-EXT:MUFFLE-CONDITIONS CL:STYLE-WARNING))
#+sbcl (setf *compile-print* nil)
#+sbcl (setf *compile-verbose* nil)
#+sbcl (declaim (sb-ext:muffle-conditions sb-ext:compiler-note))

thanks!