From: Xah Lee
Subject: a new Java logo
A new Java logo.

http://xahlee.org/java-a-day/java_logo.html

Enjoy!

  Xah
  ···@xahlee.org
$B-t(B http://xahlee.org/

From: vanekl
Subject: Re: a new Java logo
On Jan 4, 2:36 pm, Xah Lee <····@xahlee.org> wrote:
> A new Java logo.
>
> http://xahlee.org/java-a-day/java_logo.html
>
> Enjoy!
>
>   Xah
>   ····@xahlee.org
> $B-t(Bhttp://xahlee.org/

Yeah, I also commonly confuse the words <Lisp> and <Java>.
I also confuse the words <Xah> and <spam>.
Could happen to anyone.
From: ···········@gmail.com
On Jan 4, 10:15 am, vanekl <·····@acd.net> wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2:36 pm, Xah Lee <····@xahlee.org> wrote:
>
> > A new Java logo.
>
> >http://xahlee.org/java-a-day/java_logo.html
>
> > Enjoy!
>
> >   Xah
> >   ····@xahlee.org
> > $B-t(Bhttp://xahlee.org/
>
> Yeah, I also commonly confuse the words <Lisp> and <Java>.
> I also confuse the words <Xah> and <spam>.
> Could happen to anyone.

It's not what I'd normally expect to find here, but it's not really
spam either.
From: smallpond
On Jan 4, 10:32 am, ···········@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 4, 10:15 am, vanekl <·····@acd.net> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 4, 2:36 pm, Xah Lee <····@xahlee.org> wrote:
>
> > > A new Java logo.
>
> > >http://xahlee.org/java-a-day/java_logo.html
>
> > > Enjoy!
>
> > >   Xah
> > >   ····@xahlee.org
> > > $B-t(Bhttp://xahlee.org/
>
> > Yeah, I also commonly confuse the words <Lisp> and <Java>.
> > I also confuse the words <Xah> and <spam>.
> > Could happen to anyone.
>
> It's not what I'd normally expect to find here, but it's not really
> spam either.

It's not only because of content and posting to multiple groups but
because he advertises his website in every post.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
The logo is very nice but I don't understand why Xah crossposted to
c.l.l. except, maybe  just maybe, to show us that java has a better
logo than lisp.
Actually I really don't know a lisp  logo that I could identify with
lisp.
We have a funny alien but lisp is not alien to me.
We have an agile lizard, but lisp does more.
The lambda is for purely functional and lisp letters make just a
curved word.

As for me:

Lisp is a river:

Lisp is a river, quick stream  of water.
running with fast flow
Take your kayak and enter the current
toward the rapids, away from shore

Lisp is a river, wide stream of water
running with mighty flow
Drifting on surface, looking streight forward
you are a captain of a riverboat

Lisp is river, endless stream of water
flooding your shores
But you are a shaman,you'll rise new land
no one could hurt you, you're in control

cheers
Slobodan
From: Xah Lee
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
$B!V(BThe logo is very nice but I don't understand why Xah crossposted to
c.l.l. except, maybe just maybe, to show us that java has a better
logo than lisp.$B!W(B

perhaps the humor is lost...

my java logo is not supposed to elicit a Java fervor. It is designed
to reflect the verbosity, inflexibility, mechanicality, and in general
the silly nature of java.

Look at the funky J, and the long-necked a's. Look at the 2 strands of
twisted smoke stacks. Don't they remind you of a four letter word,
ding dong?

This can not be too obvious. Losing the subtlety loses the art.

----------------
Dear world,

On the other hand, pls unstand, there is nothing in the universe that
can beat Mathematical Symbolisms, such as the summation $B-t(B of my web
insignia, or the lambda $B&K(B of functional programing, or the Haskell
logo's 5 symbols swirling around the lambda (makes me cum), and the
plain AI LISP font logo is just great as it is austere. If one day the
Lisp or Haskel adapted some cute animal as identity, i'll spit on its
face, molest it, rape and multilate it and have it pain'd to death,
and i retire from the secular world.

In my life, i live by Knowledge and Love. Concretely, that's
mathematics and pussies. I don't give a flying fuck to anything else.
Not, by mega million bucks Java. Nor, lisper's protectionism and
heightened granduer peddling their scar-ladden dotage with fanfare.

  Xah
  ···@xahlee.org
$B-t(B http://xahlee.org/
From: smallpond
On Jan 4, 10:37 pm, Xah Lee <····@xahlee.org> wrote:
> Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> $B!V(BThe logo is very nice but I don't understand why Xah crossposted to
> c.l.l. except, maybe just maybe, to show us that java has a better
> logo than lisp.$B!W(B
>
> perhaps the humor is lost...
>
> my java logo is not supposed to elicit a Java fervor. It is designed
> to reflect the verbosity, inflexibility, mechanicality, and in general
> the silly nature of java.
>
> Look at the funky J, and the long-necked a's. Look at the 2 strands of
> twisted smoke stacks. Don't they remind you of a four letter word,
> ding dong?
>
> This can not be too obvious. Losing the subtlety loses the art.
>
> ----------------
> Dear world,
>
> On the other hand, pls unstand, there is nothing in the universe that
> can beat Mathematical Symbolisms, such as the summation $B-t(B of my web
> insignia, or the lambda $B&K(B of functional programing, or the Haskell
> logo's 5 symbols swirling around the lambda (makes me cum), and the
> plain AI LISP font logo is just great as it is austere. If one day the
> Lisp or Haskel adapted some cute animal as identity, i'll spit on its
> face, molest it, rape and multilate it and have it pain'd to death,
> and i retire from the secular world.
>
> In my life, i live by Knowledge and Love. Concretely, that's
> mathematics and pussies. I don't give a flying fuck to anything else.
> Not, by mega million bucks Java. Nor, lisper's protectionism and
> heightened granduer peddling their scar-ladden dotage with fanfare.
>
>   Xah
>   ····@xahlee.org
> $B-t(Bhttp://xahlee.org/

I'm having "scar-ladden dotage with fanfare" put
on a T-shirt.
From: vanekl
On Jan 5, 3:37 am, Xah Lee <····@xahlee.org> wrote:
[snip]
> In my life, i live by Knowledge and Love. Concretely, that's
> mathematics and pussies. I don't give a flying fuck to anything else.
> Not, by mega million bucks Java. Nor, lisper's protectionism and
> heightened granduer peddling their scar-ladden dotage with fanfare.
>
>   Xah
>   ····@xahlee.org
> $B-t(Bhttp://xahlee.org/

"scar-ladden dotage with fanfare" :: The Flaw in Searle's Chinese Room
Thought Experiment, ironically exemplified by a Chinese man,
disproving both Strong and Weak AI in the same post :: Even Searle
couldn't have made this shit up

[Sorry, Xah, I know you mean well.]
From: Ken Tilton
Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
> The logo is very nice but I don't understand why Xah crossposted to
> c.l.l. except, maybe  just maybe, to show us that java has a better
> logo than lisp.

It is not clear to me why people suddenly think Usenet is a civilized
domain where people follow strict rules religiously somehow only on
those incredibly rare occasions when Xah posts, but clearly it is a
tribute to his originality.

hth,kzo

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"In the morning, hear the Way;
  in the evening, die content!"
                     -- Confucius
From: Sohail Somani
On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:41:20 -0800, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:

> As for me:
>
> Lisp is a river:

Uncivilized people pee in rivers so you want to be careful with that
one :-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com
From: Ken Tilton
Sohail Somani wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:41:20 -0800, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
>

>>As for me:
>>
>>Lisp is a river:
>

> Uncivilized people pee in rivers...

Don't forget fish. They pee in rivers, too. You idiot. (Lord how I love
argument by analogy.)

hth, kzo

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jan 5, 4:59 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> Sohail Somani wrote:
> > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:41:20 -0800, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
>
> >>As for me:
>
> >>Lisp is a river:
>
> > Uncivilized people pee in rivers...
>
> Don't forget fish. They pee in rivers, too. You idiot. (Lord how I love
> argument by analogy.)
>
> hth, kzo
>
> --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> "In the morning, hear the Way;
>   in the evening, die content!"
>                      -- Confucius

Dear God, I would like to file a bug report.
http://xkcd.com/258/

Slobodan
From: Sohail Somani
On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:59:39 -0500, Ken Tilton wrote:

> Sohail Somani wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:41:20 -0800, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
>>

>>>As for me:
>>>
>>>Lisp is a river:
>>

>> Uncivilized people pee in rivers...
>
> Don't forget fish. They pee in rivers, too. You idiot. (Lord how I love
> argument by analogy.)
>
> hth, kzo

Aww, did I call you uncivilized and hurt your feelings?

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com
From: Paul Donnelly
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:03:33 +0000, Sohail Somani wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:59:39 -0500, Ken Tilton wrote:
>
>> Sohail Somani wrote:

>>> Uncivilized people pee in rivers...
>>
>> Don't forget fish. They pee in rivers, too. You idiot. (Lord how I love
>> argument by analogy.)
>>
>> hth, kzo
>
> Aww, did I call you uncivilized and hurt your feelings?

I thought you were calling him a fish. Can we do this over so I can get my
bearings?
From: Joe Attardi
Xah Lee wrote:
> http://xahlee.org/java-a-day/java_logo.html

Kinda hideous...
From: Thomas M. Hermann
Xah Lee wrote:
> A new Java logo.
>
> http://xahlee.org/java-a-day/java_logo.html
>
> Enjoy!
>
>   Xah
>   ···@xahlee.org
> ∑ http://xahlee.org/

At the bottom of the page is a link to an "original" lisp logo. Click it
for fun. What you'll find is the ALU lisp logo that has been flattened
and changed to red. The extreme effort required to modify the ALU logo
clearly justifies it as a new and original logo, copyright Xah Lee.

For the record, I did not enjoy the java logo. The blatant plagiarism of
the ALU logo was even less enjoyable.

Cheers,

Tom
From: Xah Lee
"Thomas M. Hermann" <········@centurytel.net> wrote:
> At the bottom of the page is a link to an "original" lisp logo. Click it
> for fun. What you'll find is the ALU lisp logo that has been flattened
> and changed to red. The extreme effort required to modify the ALU logo
> clearly justifies it as a new and original logo, copyright Xah Lee.
>
> For the record, I did not enjoy the java logo. The blatant plagiarism of
> the ALU logo was even less enjoyable.

Tom, don't be a moron.

Per your information, i have modified the wording regarding the
copyright. Here it is a quote:

----------
The image is copyright (c) 2007 by Xah Lee. Feel free to use the logo
for LISP language promotion.

Note: This logo is a redrawing of a image found on the web. This one:
Lisp Logo. I do not know who is its copyright owner. It appears to be
a logo originating from http://wiki.alu.org/ (Association of Lisp
Users). If you knew who is its copyright owner or designer, please let
me know. If there is any copyright conflict regarding this logo, i
fully yield to its original copyright owner.
-------------

The page in question is this:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/lisp_logo.html

If anyone know who holds the copyright, or its original designer,
origin, etc, please let us know. Thanks.

(PS this post is also posted to the comp.lang.java.programmer for the
record, since it somewhat relates to legal matters)

  Xah
  ···@xahlee.org
$B-t(B http://xahlee.org/
From: mich
"Xah Lee" <···@xahlee.org> wrote in message
·········································@n22g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
> "Thomas M. Hermann" <········@centurytel.net> wrote:
>> At the bottom of the page is a link to an "original" lisp logo. Click it
>> for fun. What you'll find is the ALU lisp logo that has been flattened
>> and changed to red. The extreme effort required to modify the ALU logo
>> clearly justifies it as a new and original logo, copyright Xah Lee.
>>
>> For the record, I did not enjoy the java logo. The blatant plagiarism of
>> the ALU logo was even less enjoyable.
>
> Tom, don't be a moron.

That's the kind of answer that will get you into a lot of killfiles.
From: Raymond Wiker
"mich" <······@vidotron.cr> writes:

> "Xah Lee" <···@xahlee.org> wrote in message
> ·········································@n22g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
>> "Thomas M. Hermann" <········@centurytel.net> wrote:
>>> At the bottom of the page is a link to an "original" lisp logo. Click it
>>> for fun. What you'll find is the ALU lisp logo that has been flattened
>>> and changed to red. The extreme effort required to modify the ALU logo
>>> clearly justifies it as a new and original logo, copyright Xah Lee.
>>>
>>> For the record, I did not enjoy the java logo. The blatant plagiarism of
>>> the ALU logo was even less enjoyable.
>>
>> Tom, don't be a moron.
>
> That's the kind of answer that will get you into a lot of killfiles.

	Any sane person who's seen Xah's posts before will already have
him killfiled.