From: Steve Graham
Subject: Errors in UCW
I've been starting to review UCW and was looking at this page:

http://trac.common-lisp.net/ucw/wiki/IntroInstallation

I followed the instructions to download and start the system:

wget http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/ucw-boxset.tar.gz  tar -zxf
ucw-boxset.tar.gz cd ucw-boxset YOURLISPHERE (-)-load start.lisp

Actually this worked better than some of the other, more involved
instructions.

However, in some of the options I am getting this error:

ERROR
The function IT.BESE.UCW::MAKE-STANDARD-ENVIRONMENT is undefined.
BACKTRACE

How would I go about diagnosing and fixing this?

I am running sbcl 0.9.7 on Mepis Linux 2007-1

Thanks in advance.

Steve

From: Alex Mizrahi
Subject: Re: Errors in UCW
 SG> ERROR
 SG> The function IT.BESE.UCW::MAKE-STANDARD-ENVIRONMENT is undefined.
 SG> BACKTRACE

weird. looks like an error with UCW itself

 SG> I am running sbcl 0.9.7

this version is ...antique. problems you have _might_ be due to outdated
SBCL version, so please try to updaged (to a latest one, preferably.)
From: Mariano Montone
On 24 dic, 18:07, "Alex Mizrahi" <········@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:
>  SG> ERROR
>  SG> The function IT.BESE.UCW::MAKE-STANDARD-ENVIRONMENT is undefined.
>  SG> BACKTRACE
>
> weird. looks like an error with UCW itself
>
>  SG> I am running sbcl 0.9.7
>
> this version is ...antique. problems you have _might_ be due to outdated
> SBCL version, so please try to updaged (to a latest one, preferably.)

As far as I know this is a problem that occurs with the lastest ucw
(ucw-boxset which is updated automatically periodically). At least the
non-ajax branch. It's a pity ucw doesn't have a releases policy. I
don't know how to get a stable version although I guess the bugs are
fairly easy to fix.

Mariano
From: Alex Mizrahi
 MM> (ucw-boxset which is updated automatically periodically).

wow. i thought somebody at least tests this boxset..

 MM> It's a pity ucw doesn't have a releases policy.

i had an impression that UCW as whole is a fail, and
so release policy is not anyhow special -- it is a fail just
as the rest of a project.

didn't Drew Crampsie promise to fix this 8 month ago, when
he was going to take over the project? from his message:

"1) No arbitrary breaking. The test suite will be run and its results
included in every commit message."

did he fail to do so? :)

or am i missing something and there is some UCW branch
that does not break?
From: ··········@yahoo.com
On Dec 24, 5:53 pm, Steve Graham <···················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> How would I go about diagnosing and fixing this?

I fixed this one as follows:

diff -rN old-ucw_dev/src/components/option-dialog.lisp new-ucw_dev/src/
components/option-dialog.lisp
26c26
<   (make-standard-environment
---
>   (make-standard-tal-environment
diff -rN old-ucw_dev/src/components/range-view.lisp new-ucw_dev/src/
components/range-view.lisp
57c57
<     (make-standard-environment
---
>     (make-standard-tal-environment
diff -rN old-ucw_dev/src/components/template.lisp new-ucw_dev/src/
components/template.lisp
18c18
< for YACLML:MAKE-STANDARD-ENVIRONMENT for details on TAL
---
> for YACLML:MAKE-STANDARD-TAL-ENVIRONMENT for details on TAL
29c29
<   (make-standard-environment `((component . ,component)) component))
---
From: ··········@yahoo.com
(make-standard-tal-environment `((component . ,component)) component))

It seems that Google treats last line, ">   (make-standard-tal-
environment `((component . ,component)) component)) ", as "quoted
test" :)