From: ···········@yahoo.com
Subject: Archive
Where can I find a downloadable, publicly accessible archive of
comp.lang.lisp posts?

Thanks --

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Archive
···········@yahoo.com writes:
> Where can I find a downloadable, publicly accessible archive of
> comp.lang.lisp posts?

http://groups.google.com

AFAIK, all other efforts fadded away in front of the power of google.

Perhaps you meant to include the word "off-line" in your question?
I'm not sure I'd still know how to do anything "off-line".  Soon we
won't even know what it means.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: ···········@yahoo.com
On Dec 22, 1:31 pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> ···········@yahoo.com writes:
> > Where can I find a downloadable, publicly accessible archive of
> > comp.lang.lisp posts?
>
> http://groups.google.com
>
> AFAIK, all other efforts fadded away in front of the power of google.
>
> Perhaps you meant to include the word "off-line" in your question?
> I'm not sure I'd still know how to do anything "off-line".  Soon we
> won't even know what it means.
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

It's true.  Off-line is an anachronism.  But that's what I want.

Thanks --
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
···········@yahoo.com writes:

> On Dec 22, 1:31�pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> wrote:
>> ···········@yahoo.com writes:
>> > Where can I find a downloadable, publicly accessible archive of
>> > comp.lang.lisp posts?
>>
>> http://groups.google.com
>>
>> AFAIK, all other efforts fadded away in front of the power of google.
>>
>> Perhaps you meant to include the word "off-line" in your question? �
>> I'm not sure I'd still know how to do anything "off-line". �Soon we
>> won't even know what it means.
>
> It's true.  Off-line is an anachronism.  But that's what I want.

Old posts are available in the cmu-ai-rep.
http://openresource.com/openres/archives/P/AIR.shtml
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp/0.html
For the more recent ones you will have to spider google, slowly.
(A few thousand most recent posts may be available from your nntp server).

There seems to be an archive there too:
http://coding.derkeiler.com/Archive/Lisp/comp.lang.lisp/

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: ···········@yahoo.com
On Dec 22, 4:41 pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> ···········@yahoo.com writes:
> > On Dec 22, 1:31 pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> > wrote:
>
> >>http://groups.google.com
>
> >> AFAIK, all other efforts fadded away in front of the power of google.
>
> >> Perhaps you meant to include the word "off-line" in your question?
> >> I'm not sure I'd still know how to do anything "off-line".  Soon we
> >> won't even know what it means.
>
> > It's true.  Off-line is an anachronism.  But that's what I want.
>
> Old posts are available in the cmu-ai-rep.http://openresource.com/openres/archives/P/AIR.shtmlftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp/0.html
> For the more recent ones you will have to spider google, slowly.
> (A few thousand most recent posts may be available from your nntp server).
>
> There seems to be an archive there too:http://coding.derkeiler.com/Archive/Lisp/comp.lang.lisp/
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

Many thanks.
From: GP lisper
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:07:53 -0800 (PST), <···········@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 1:31�pm, ····@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
> wrote:
>> ···········@yahoo.com writes:
>> > Where can I find a downloadable, publicly accessible archive of
>> > comp.lang.lisp posts?
>>
>> Perhaps you meant to include the word "off-line" in your question? �
>> I'm not sure I'd still know how to do anything "off-line". �Soon we
>> won't even know what it means.
>
> It's true.  Off-line is an anachronism.  But that's what I want.

Utilize 'leafnode' for yourself, or find someone that has such a
usenet archive.  It might not be big, mine is only 450M for about 4
years.

--
"Most programmers use this on-line documentation nearly all of the
time, and thereby avoid the need to handle bulky manuals and perform