From: Troy X. Li
Subject: Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL) crashes?
I am using MCL 5.1 on OS X (10.5.6) on a G5 powermac. I cloned my
system drive(Macintosh HD), where MCL is installed, to another
partition. If I boot from this cloned drive, MCL crashes every time I
"execute all" (command-H) my lisp program (To be specific, MCL crashes
and then disappears when it executes (command-E)  some function calls,
such as defun, defmethod.). The frustrating thing is my original
system (10.5.6) runs MCL smoothly. This problem only happens in cloned
systems (cloned by Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper!)

I don't know if this relates to OS X 10.5. When I was using Tiger
(10.4), MCL always works well on cloned partitions.

Thank you for provide any clue or solution to this trouble!

From: Troy X. Li
Subject: Re: Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL) crashes?
? (a 1)

This is just a simple example: if I call this function a, MCL crashes.

From: Thomas A. Russ
"Troy X. Li" <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using MCL 5.1 on OS X (10.5.6) on a G5 powermac. I cloned my
> system drive(Macintosh HD), where MCL is installed, to another
> partition. If I boot from this cloned drive, MCL crashes every time I
> "execute all" (command-H) my lisp program (To be specific, MCL crashes
> and then disappears when it executes (command-E)  some function calls,
> such as defun, defmethod.). The frustrating thing is my original
> system (10.5.6) runs MCL smoothly. This problem only happens in cloned
> systems (cloned by Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper!)
>
> I don't know if this relates to OS X 10.5. When I was using Tiger
> (10.4), MCL always works well on cloned partitions.
>
> Thank you for provide any clue or solution to this trouble!

Have you tried MCL 5.2?

It has a number of improvements for more recent systems.  It was, IIRC,
released before Leopard (10.5), but it may still end up working better.

  ftp://ftp.clozure.com/pub/MCL/MCL-5.2-Final.dmg