From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: slime+cmucl installation process is horribly complicated
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 12:50 -0800, ···········@yahoo.de wrote:
> So, what  is going on here. The process of installing cmucl and
> finding an editor proper is utterly, dremendously, unbelievably,
> attrociously, complicated times 10 trillion more complicated.
>
> The original cmucl editor

You've got the wrong idea; this is not an editor, it is an interactive
compiler meant to be connected with other software components (not
humans); possibly an IDE.

> what should I say: I have got absolutely no
> idea what they had in mind,

"They" are doing the _exact_ right thing. Mixing a compiler and an
editor into some sort of "blob" by-default is wrong, and stupid.

About the rest of your post; I don't use or know CMUCL or Mac. Someone
else can help you configure this.