From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: What websites use Lisp?
On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 06:37 +0100, Lars Rune Nøstdal wrote:
> http://varefalne.no/ runs on SymbolicWeb
>
> ..this one really only runs on FF and IE based browsers for now..

..forgot to mention that it uses Postmodern:
http://common-lisp.net/project/postmodern/

..SW is being ported to its own HTTP-server atm.(#1), but Hunchentoot
behind Lighttpd is used for that site

#1: runs here: http://nostdal.org:6053/mvc-container-app
    "Server: SymbolicWeb (SW-HTTP) v0.5 alpha"

From: lam
http://www.ovorost.com
it uses : hunchentoot, html-template, drakma, cl-ppcre, clsql-
postgresql, cxml-stp and cl-google-chart
,

From: Zach Beane
lam <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> http://www.ovorost.com
> it uses : hunchentoot, html-template, drakma, cl-ppcre, clsql-
> postgresql, cxml-stp and cl-google-chart

What's it for? The "About" page doesn't really help me understand.

Zach
From: Sasha Kovar
http://toonlet.com runs on ucw_ajax on sbcl behind apache/mod_lisp.  It
uses plenty of libraries, including the usual suspects like clsql,
alexandria, mel-base, and stefil.

Our biggest day saw over 20k pageviews.  Everything held up pretty well,
though i had to shorten the session expiry time for ucw to keep memory
usage down on our VPS.

I'd be happy to give more specifics on- or off-list if desired.

Sasha
From: Robert Maas, http://tinyurl.com/uh3t
> From: Sasha Kovar <·········@arcocene.org>
> http://toonlet.com

OK, I clicked on that URL, which took me to a page that looks like
what I've shown here:
  <http://www.rawbw.com/~rem/NewPub/BadWebSites/toonlet1.txt>
I don't see any explanation of the purpose of the Web site, nor any
link for "About this site" or any such, so I decided my best plan
would be to click on this link:
   Linkname: take the tour!
That takes me to a page that looks like what I've shown here:
  <http://www.rawbw.com/~rem/NewPub/BadWebSites/toonlet2.txt>
It says "CLICK THE SINGLE-ARROW HERE, AND WE'LL GET STARTED."
but I don't see anything that looks like an arrow, so I don't know
how to get started with the "tour".

> Sasha

Are you the "queen bee" in an early episode of Smallville?
How do you measure the covariance of a swarm of bees?
Are you related to Tovar, my partner in the SpaceWar team tournament?
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
> > From: Sasha Kovar <·········@arcocene.org>
> > http://toonlet.com
>
> OK, I clicked on that URL, which took me to a page that looks like
> what I've shown here:
>   <http://www.rawbw.com/~rem/NewPub/BadWebSites/toonlet1.txt>
> I don't see any explanation of the purpose of the Web site, nor any
> link for "About this site" or any such, so I decided my best plan
> would be to click on this link:
>    Linkname: take the tour!
> That takes me to a page that looks like what I've shown here:
>   <http://www.rawbw.com/~rem/NewPub/BadWebSites/toonlet2.txt>
> It says "CLICK THE SINGLE-ARROW HERE, AND WE'LL GET STARTED."
> but I don't see anything that looks like an arrow, so I don't know
> how to get started with the "tour".
>
> > Sasha
>
> Are you the "queen bee" in an early episode of Smallville?
> How do you measure the covariance of a swarm of bees?
> Are you related to Tovar, my partner in the SpaceWar team tournament?

Here, here,
Look at The Lispers. This is how they support their peers who actually
use Lisp for something which is actually made use of in the real world.

Next, you'll be telling me/us how I/we do not understand (you):

  http://www.tipping-point.no/Portals/0/pus_loeve.jpg

..place this in your ~rem/bad-binary-file-thingies/ folder for later.