From: John Thingstad
Subject: Re: ECL technical question
P� Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:18:25 +0200, skrev Francogrex <······@grex.org>:

> Does anyone use the ECL (Embedded Common Lisp) implementation here?
> I'm interested to know if there's a way to disable the debugger there
> (I know how to do it in SBCL). Especially when you are building an
> image, how is it possible to create that image without the debugger? I
> searched on their site but there is no detailed documentation there.
> Thanks.

This is a standard Common Lisp way of sidestepping the debugger.
I don't know of any way to remove the debugger from the ECL image.

(defun alternative-debugger-hook (condition hook)
  (declare (ignore hook))
  (when (find-restart 'abort condition)
    (format t "~%ERROR: ~A~1%" condition)
    (abort condition)))

(defun trap-repl-condition (on-off)
  (if on-off
      (setf *debugger-hook* #'alternative-debugger-hook)
    (setf *debugger-hook* nil)))

(trap-repl-condition t)

John Thingstad