From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: how to make emacs indent my redefined defun? (in common lisp code)
Hi,

In a project I'm working we use a redefined defun that exports the
name of the function by default and may have the key :private to
prevent the function's name from being exported. The syntax is like
defmethod's:

;;; the symbol bar is exported
(defun bar ()
   ....)

;;; the symbol foo is not exported
(defun foo :private ()
   ...)

How to make emacs indent the 'foo' function correctly? I suppose the
function that indents defmethod should work, but I don't know how to
make emacs use this function for defuns. I tried:

(put 'defun 'common-lisp-indent-function 'lisp-indent-defmethod)

But it doesn't work. Any ideas?
From: Volkan YAZICI
On Aug 20, 12:37 am, Pedro Kroger <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a project I'm working we use a redefined defun that exports the
> name of the function by default and may have the key :private to
> prevent the function's name from being exported.

Actually, while this post is a more related with gnu.emacs.help, here
are my 2 cents: See `lisp-indent-defun-method' variable.

Regards.