From: ················@googlemail.com
Subject: Lisp on PS3
Hi,

I'm looking for an CL distribution to run on YDL 6.0 running on PS3
console. Does anybody has any experiences? Most wanted is SBCL. I've
even managed to install rpm package from Fedora 7 for PPC arch, but I
have problems:
- with hunchentoot hanging
- and with compiling new version of the SBCL, using this version
installed from rpm as a lisp in a toolchain

Any help would be appreciated,
regards
Chris

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: Lisp on PS3
················@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an CL distribution to run on YDL 6.0 running on PS3
> console. Does anybody has any experiences? Most wanted is SBCL. I've
> even managed to install rpm package from Fedora 7 for PPC arch, but I
> have problems:
> - with hunchentoot hanging
> - and with compiling new version of the SBCL, using this version
> installed from rpm as a lisp in a toolchain

A couple of months ago we had success with Clozure CL (or OpenMCL, don't
remember which one we tried). Just using the PowerPC binary for Linux
worked out of the box.

With that, we were able to compile SBCL.

We didn't have luck with clisp. I don't remember whether we tried CMUCL,
but I seem to recall that it didn't work. Not 100% though.

I hope this helps,
Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: namekuseijin
On Aug 19, 3:39 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> A couple of months ago we had success with Clozure CL (or OpenMCL, don't
> remember which one we tried). Just using the PowerPC binary for Linux
> worked out of the box.
>
> With that, we were able to compile SBCL.

oh, come on!  What we really want is SBCL compiling to use all those
Cell cores by default! :P
From: ················@googlemail.com
On Aug 19, 8:39 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> ················@googlemail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm looking for an CL distribution to run on YDL 6.0 running on PS3
> > console. Does anybody has any experiences? Most wanted is SBCL. I've
> > even managed to install rpm package from Fedora 7 for PPC arch, but I
> > have problems:
> > - with hunchentoot hanging
> > - and with compiling new version of the SBCL, using this version
> > installed from rpm as a lisp in a toolchain
>
> A couple of months ago we had success with Clozure CL (or OpenMCL, don't
> remember which one we tried). Just using the PowerPC binary for Linux
> worked out of the box.
>
> With that, we were able to compile SBCL.
>
> We didn't have luck with clisp. I don't remember whether we tried CMUCL,
> but I seem to recall that it didn't work. Not 100% though.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Pascal
>
> --
> My website:http://p-cos.net
> Common Lisp Document Repository:http://cdr.eurolisp.org
> Closer to MOP & ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/

Hi,

I've managed to start the compilation of SBCL 1.0.19 using SBCL 1.0.13
installed from Fedora 7/8 ppc architecture release (I had to comment
out all exports for LANG etc. in scripts ?!?), but the compilation
fails in last phase. Can anybody help?

obj/from-xc/src/code/sxhash.lisp-obj
obj/from-xc/src/code/signal.lisp-obj
obj/from-xc/src/code/late-defbangmethod.lisp-obj
obj/from-xc/src/pcl/walk.lisp-obj
[building initial core file in "output/cold-sbcl.core":
writing 65536 bytes [1 page] from #<SB!FASL::GSPACE :READ-ONLY>
writing 65536 bytes [1 page] from #<SB!FASL::GSPACE :STATIC>
writing 30801920 bytes [470 pages] from #<SB!FASL::GSPACE :DYNAMIC>
/(DESCRIPTOR-BITS INITIAL-FUN)=#X50C47665
done]
* //testing for consistency of first and second GENESIS passes
//header files match between first and second GENESIS -- good

real	14m16.760s
//doing warm init - compilation phase
This is SBCL 1.0.19, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
  #S(SIMPLE-ERROR
     :ACTUAL-INITARGS (FORMAT-CONTROL Syscall ~A failed: ~A FORMAT-
ARGUMENTS
                       (getrusage Success))
     :ASSIGNED-SLOTS NIL)

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

(no restarts: If you didn't do this on purpose, please report it as a
bug.)

(GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME)
0]
WARNING:
   #S(SIMPLE-WARNING
      :ACTUAL-INITARGS (FORMAT-CONTROL
                        Starting a select without a timeout while
interrupts are ~
             disabled.
                        FORMAT-ARGUMENTS NIL)
      :ASSIGNED-SLOTS NIL)
From: Pascal Costanza
················@googlemail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
> It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
> BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
> distribution for more information.
>
> debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
>   #S(SIMPLE-ERROR
>      :ACTUAL-INITARGS (FORMAT-CONTROL Syscall ~A failed: ~A FORMAT-
> ARGUMENTS
>                        (getrusage Success))
>      :ASSIGNED-SLOTS NIL)
>
> Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.
>
> (no restarts: If you didn't do this on purpose, please report it as a
> bug.)
>
> (GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME)
> 0]
> WARNING:
>    #S(SIMPLE-WARNING
>       :ACTUAL-INITARGS (FORMAT-CONTROL
>                         Starting a select without a timeout while

You better ask this on the sbcl-devel mailing list, it's more likely
that you get a well-informed answer there.

Having said that, my guess is that this is an unsupported platform.
What's wrong with sticking to 1.0.13, btw?

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: ················@googlemail.com
On Aug 21, 11:18 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > ARGUMENTS
> >                        (getrusage Success))
> >      :ASSIGNED-SLOTS NIL)
>
> > Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.
>
> > (no restarts: If you didn't do this on purpose, please report it as a
> > bug.)
>
> > (GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME)
> > 0]
> > WARNING:
> >    #S(SIMPLE-WARNING
> >       :ACTUAL-INITARGS (FORMAT-CONTROL
> >                         Starting a select without a timeout while
> > interrupts are ~
> >              disabled.
> >                         FORMAT-ARGUMENTS NIL)
> >       :ASSIGNED-SLOTS NIL)
>
> You better ask this on the sbcl-devel mailing list, it's more likely
> that you get a well-informed answer there.
>
> Having said that, my guess is that this is an unsupported platform.
> What's wrong with sticking to 1.0.13, btw?

I just wanted to have the latest version, but You might be right -
I'll try to use 1.0.13 version for my project

regards
Chris

ps. I've managed to compile the latest version of Gambit-C Scheme ...
it's just great, since you can generate native executables :)