From: ·······@acm.org
Subject: Emacs command
I remember an Emacs command that would remove the list that contains a
term, and replace it with the term. For example in (myfun (reverse
foo) blorf), if your cursor was on foo while the command was invoked,
the result was that the buffer now contained  (myfun foo blorf), I
haven't seen the command in a long time. Is anyone aware of an
implementation of this function / command?

Thanks,
Bruce
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Emacs command
In article
<····································@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
 ········@acm.org" <·······@gmail.com> wrote:

> I remember an Emacs command that would remove the list that contains a
> term, and replace it with the term. For example in (myfun (reverse
> foo) blorf), if your cursor was on foo while the command was invoked,
> the result was that the buffer now contained  (myfun foo blorf), I
> haven't seen the command in a long time. Is anyone aware of an
> implementation of this function / command?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

   (myfun (reverse foo) blorf)

Use Emacs with Paredit and Redshank.

With the keyboard:

 Above command is m-r in paredit: paredit-raise-sexp .

With the mouse:

 With Redshank you can also use the mouse for that.
 Which is pretty cool. Select the expression you want to
 replace. In Emacs just double-click on the left parenthesis
 before REVERSE. Then meta-left-click on FOO will
 replace the sexp with FOO.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/