From: deech
Subject: lisp.org down?
I haven't been able to get to lisp.org for about 24 hours.  Is it down
or just me?

-deech

From: vanekl
Subject: Re: lisp.org down?
On Aug 13, 6:50 pm, deech <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't been able to get to lisp.org for about 24 hours.  Is it down
> or just me?
>
> -deech

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

I, on the other hand, can't figure out why
http://planet.cliki.net/ isn't being updated.
From: Duane Rettig
deech <············@gmail.com> writes:

> I haven't been able to get to lisp.org for about 24 hours.  Is it down
> or just me?

The ALU's machine, "bibop", has crashed hard.  We're working very hard
to bring the website back up.  Part of the problem is that bibop is a
very old machine, and we had already been discussing replacement
strategies.  The crash comes at a bad time, so we may host the website
on another machine temporarily.  Sorry for the inconvenience, and
thanks for your patience.

--
Duane Rettig    (speaking only for the ALU Board)
From: Kenny
Duane Rettig wrote:
> deech <············@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I haven't been able to get to lisp.org for about 24 hours.  Is it down
>> or just me?
>
> The ALU's machine, "bibop", has crashed hard.  We're working very hard
> to bring the website back up.  Part of the problem is that bibop is a
> very old machine, and we had already been discussing replacement
> strategies.

Move fast, we have rem on dumpster patrol already....ok, not funny.

I think I mentioned here seeing a Mac SE sitting on the curb, keyboard,
cables and all. Brought it in, booted it, worked great. Looked at it for
a second...back to the curb. Might still be...ok, not funny.

kt

--

$$$$$: http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
BSlog: http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/