From: Neil Baylis
Subject: OpenGL: What are nameless bindings?
I'm collecting the parts needed for my next project, and will be
needing OpenGL for it. I've got the cl-opengl cffi bindings to work
with sbcl on my leopard/ppc system and on linux/x86. Openmcl includes
its own FFI & opengl bindings, which worked out of the box. However, I
don't like either of them. The Openmcl version is especially ugly.

On the cliki opengl page, there are references to 'nameless bindings'.
What does that mean, and how is it different from the bindings I
mentioned above?

Neil

From: D Herring
Subject: Re: OpenGL: What are nameless bindings?
Neil Baylis wrote:
> I'm collecting the parts needed for my next project, and will be
> needing OpenGL for it. I've got the cl-opengl cffi bindings to work
> with sbcl on my leopard/ppc system and on linux/x86. Openmcl includes
> its own FFI & opengl bindings, which worked out of the box. However, I
> don't like either of them. The Openmcl version is especially ugly.
>
> On the cliki opengl page, there are references to 'nameless bindings'.
> What does that mean, and how is it different from the bindings I
> mentioned above?

Dunno.  Have you tried cl-glfw?

- Daniel
From: Neil Baylis
On Aug 13, 7:15 pm, D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
> Neil Baylis wrote:
> > I'm collecting the parts needed for my next project, and will be
> > needing OpenGL for it. I've got the cl-opengl cffi bindings to work
> > with sbcl on my leopard/ppc system and on linux/x86. Openmcl includes
> > its own FFI & opengl bindings, which worked out of the box. However, I
> > don't like either of them. The Openmcl version is especially ugly.
>
> > On the cliki opengl page, there are references to 'nameless bindings'.
> > What does that mean, and how is it different from the bindings I
> > mentioned above?
>
> Dunno.  Have you tried cl-glfw?
>
> - Daniel

Never heard of it. But it looks pretty good. Thanks for the pointer.

Still wondering what 'nameless' means in this context though.

Neil
From: David Golden
Neil Baylis wrote:

> Still wondering what 'nameless' means in this context though.
>
> Neil

That they have no name, probably...  They seem to be "those opengl
bindings that allegro has".