From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: emacs logo in svg
The beautiful Emacs logo, now in scalable vector graphics format, at:

http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_logo.html

What a beauty!

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: emacs logo in svg
·······@gmail.com" <······@gmail.com> writes:

    The beautiful Emacs logo, now in scalable vector
    graphics format, at:

    http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_logo.html

That looks very nice to me.  I don't know much about it, but
maybe they would be interested in this over on the
emacs-devel list.  Can't some kind of svg support be
compiled into Emacs?
From: namekuseijin
Hmm, gotta say I really agree with your choice for a Lisp logo!

http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/logo_lisp.html
http://xahlee.org/emacs/lisp_logo.html

Good to see you're not a mere troller. :)

Your Java logo plentifully matches Java barroqueness. ;)
From: ······@gmail.com
On Aug 6, 3:44 pm, namekuseijin <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, gotta say I really agree with your choice for a Lisp logo!
>
> http://xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/writ/logo_lisp.htmlhttp://xahlee.org/emacs/lisp_logo.html
>
> Good to see you're not a mere troller. :)

Thank you. Perhaps you mean “troll” as opposed to “troller”. I suppose
a troller could be a troll of trolls. Very advanced concept.

> Your Java logo plentifully matches Java barroqueness. ;)

Yeah. :)

 Xah
From: ······@gmail.com
On Aug 6, 8:29 am, ·······@gmail.com" <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> The beautiful Emacslogo, now in scalable vector graphics format, at:
>
> http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_logo.html
>
> What a beauty!

lots of graphics design experts are commenting how this logo is
convoluted. LOL.
See

http://community.livejournal.com/graphicdesign/2485873.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄
From: namekuseijin
On 12 ago, 14:05, ·······@gmail.com" <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> lots of graphics design experts are commenting how this logo is
> convoluted. LOL.

So what?  Industrial design experts from early XXI century would never
give us Bach fugues or
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Catane_San_Benedetto1.jpg

They are eager to treat everyone as morons in their quest for
simplism:  simple forms, simple colors, simple minds.  Form following
function leads to great confort, not great art.
From: ········@gmail.com
> lots of graphics design experts are commenting how this logo is
> convoluted. LOL.

Why do you think this is funny? It's an interesting piece of art, but
a terrible logo, in that it's really hard to recognize (even painful
to look at).
From: namekuseijin
On 12 ago, 15:18, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> > lots of graphics design experts are commenting how this logo is
> > convoluted. LOL.
>
> Why do you think this is funny? It's an interesting piece of art, but
> a terrible logo, in that it's really hard to recognize (even painful
> to look at).

Emaccers recognize it right away even 100 KMs from it.  I'd even drop
the stylized "emacs" text as the stylized GNU is all one need to
reconize GNU Emacs.
From: Thomas F. Burdick
On Aug 12, 9:52 pm, namekuseijin <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 ago, 15:18, ········@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > lots of graphics design experts are commenting how this logo is
> > > convoluted. LOL.
>
> > Why do you think this is funny? It's an interesting piece of art, but
> > a terrible logo, in that it's really hard to recognize (even painful
> > to look at).
>
> Emaccers recognize it right away even 100 KMs from it.  I'd even drop
> the stylized "emacs" text as the stylized GNU is all one need to
> reconize GNU Emacs.

Actually, just the gnu would be less hiddeous. The current red/blue
intermingling brush strokes, complete with text that's there (causing
you to try to read it) but is difficult to read -- makes this logo an
eyesore. Removing the mess on the bottom would let the gnu stand on
its own and be recognisable for what it is.

BTW, I wish someone would make a glossy update of the kitchen sink...
From: ········@gmail.com
On Aug 12, 3:52 pm, namekuseijin <············@gmail.com> wrote:

> Emaccers recognize it right away even 100 KMs from it.

Wrong.  I had been using Emacs for well over 10 years before I ever
saw it, and it took me a long time to figure out what it was supposed
to be.
From: namekuseijin
On 13 ago, 11:54, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 12, 3:52 pm, namekuseijin <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Emaccers recognize it right away even 100 KMs from it.
>
> Wrong.  I had been using Emacs for well over 10 years before I ever
> saw it, and it took me a long time to figure out what it was supposed
> to be.

Oh, true.  There are many emaccers still living inside textual caves.