From: Viktor Winschel
Subject: lisp on grid
Salute Metalinguists,

I am about to start an academic project on a 1120 grid machine
(140 blades with 2 quad cores or 4 dual cores, dono, however, many :-)

The project is to implement a Bayes and decision net software targeted
at economists and econometricians. Now I have some academic
collaboration with the European, Italian and other central banks. A
spin-off is possible and likely, some hedge fonds are interested...there
should be a market. The grid market itself is about to be designed, in
need of economic decision agents and market makers....

I guess Bayes networks could be a nice application for cells,
since the basic Bayes net algorithm, the junction tree algo, is
some kind of constraint propagation.

However, I need some advices what concurrency library could be of use
for my huge >1KCPU machine...

NetClos
cl-muproc

Or anything else? Any ideas and experiences?

Lispers to collaborate (research funds or start-up money should be
available...) are highly welcomed.

ciao ciao
Viktor Winschel