From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: OpenLISP
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/softwares/openlisp

I don't think the naming is very fortunate.

This OpenLISP is an implementation of the
Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP).

Unfortunately there is already an OpenLisp implementation of Lisp.

http://christian.jullien.free.fr/
 OpenLisp is a KISS (Keep It Small and Simple) full conforming
 implementation of ISO/IEC 13816:1997 ISLISP Language,
 the International Standard version of Lisp.

I find these name clashes less than clever.

Any opinions?

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: OpenLISP
Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:

> http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/softwares/openlisp
>
> I don't think the naming is very fortunate.
>
> This OpenLISP is an implementation of the
> Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP).
>

> Unfortunately there is already an OpenLisp implementation of Lisp.
>
> http://christian.jullien.free.fr/
>  OpenLisp is a KISS (Keep It Small and Simple) full conforming
>  implementation of ISO/IEC 13816:1997 ISLISP Language,
>  the International Standard version of Lisp.
>

> I find these name clashes less than clever.
>
> Any opinions?

There's not only one of them, it's been running for a while:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
there even have been a draft-curran-lisp-emacs-01.txt
(which we can bet has nothing to do with emacs).

I too find these choices of acronyms rather unfortunate.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__