From: AngelP
Subject: Problem with build on ubuntu 8.04
Hi,
I get clisp-2.44.1.tar.gz, uncompress it in my Ubuntu 8.04 - (uname -r
gives 2.6.24-16-generic)

and done
./configure --build build-dir --with-module=rawsock --ignore-absence-
of-libsigsegv (actually, I have tried to install as it is described
by ./configure, but configure still says there is no libsigsegv)
It hangs with the last test.
I have no idea what is wrong and what should I do.

(WITH-OPEN-FILE (*S* *FILE* :DIRECTION :INPUT) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST
(READ-LINE *S*)))
EQUAL-OK: ("ABCDEFGH" NIL)
(DEFPARAMETER *SERVER* (SHOW (SOCKET-SERVER)))
#<SOCKET-SERVER 0.0.0.0:41519>
EQL-OK: *SERVER*
(MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SOCKET-STATUS *SERVER* 0))
EQUAL-OK: (NIL 0)
(DEFPARAMETER *SOCKET-1* (SHOW (SOCKET-CONNECT (SOCKET-SERVER-PORT
*SERVER*) "localhost" :TIMEOUT 0)))
[SIMPLE-OS-ERROR]: UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): Invalid argument

ERROR!! ERROR should be *SOCKET-1* !
(DEFPARAMETER *STATUS-ARG* (LIST (LIST *SERVER*) (LIST
*SOCKET-1* :IO)))
[SIMPLE-UNBOUND-VARIABLE]: EVAL: variable *SOCKET-1* has no value

ERROR!! ERROR should be *STATUS-ARG* !
(EQ (SOCKET-STATUS *STATUS-ARG* 0) *STATUS-ARG*)
[SIMPLE-UNBOUND-VARIABLE]: EVAL: variable *STATUS-ARG* has no value

ERROR!! ERROR should be T !
(CDR (ASSOC *SERVER* *STATUS-ARG*))
[SIMPLE-UNBOUND-VARIABLE]: EVAL: variable *STATUS-ARG* has no value

ERROR!! ERROR should be T !
(CDDR (ASSOC *SOCKET-1* *STATUS-ARG*))
[SIMPLE-UNBOUND-VARIABLE]: EVAL: variable *SOCKET-1* has no value

ERROR!! ERROR should be :OUTPUT !
(DEFPARAMETER *SOCKET-2* (SHOW (SOCKET-ACCEPT *SERVER*)))

From: Matthias Benkard
Subject: Re: Problem with build on ubuntu 8.04
> (actually, I have tried to install as it is described
> by ./configure, but configure still says there is no libsigsegv)

I don't know if this helps with your problem, but in order to compile
stuff using libsigsegv (such as CLISP), you need to install the
libsigsegv-dev package (note the `-dev' suffix).

% sudo apt-get install libsigsegv-dev

Matthias
From: karsten
> (DEFPARAMETER *SOCKET-1* (SHOW (SOCKET-CONNECT (SOCKET-SERVER-PORT
> *SERVER*) "localhost" :TIMEOUT 0)))
> [SIMPLE-OS-ERROR]: UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): Invalid argument

I assume the problem is that since this defparameter fails. the
following tests are using the value of *SOCKET-1* and fail also. I
assume that you can safely ignore this failure unless you need socket
operations on your system.

Look in the makefile what comes after the tests, perhaps just make
install is missing. don't think that this has anything to do with
libsigsegv, afaik this is for stack overflow detection
From: AngelP
On Apr 30, 6:56 pm, karsten <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> > (DEFPARAMETER *SOCKET-1* (SHOW (SOCKET-CONNECT (SOCKET-SERVER-PORT
> > *SERVER*) "localhost" :TIMEOUT 0)))
> > [SIMPLE-OS-ERROR]: UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): Invalid argument
>
> I assume the problem is that since this defparameter fails. the
> following tests are using the value of *SOCKET-1* and fail also. I
> assume that you can safely ignore this failure unless you need socket
> operations on your system.
>
> Look in the makefile what comes after the tests, perhaps just make
> install is missing. don't think that this has anything to do with
> libsigsegv, afaik this is for stack overflow detection

Thanks to all. There is something wrong with sockets. I will follow
__Pascal Bourguignon__ advise. and some day, who knows, I could be
able to help new releases of clisp :-)
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
AngelP <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I get clisp-2.44.1.tar.gz, uncompress it in my Ubuntu 8.04 - (uname -r
> gives 2.6.24-16-generic)
>
> and done
> ./configure --build build-dir --with-module=rawsock --ignore-absence-
> of-libsigsegv (actually, I have tried to install as it is described
> by ./configure, but configure still says there is no libsigsegv)
> It hangs with the last test.
> I have no idea what is wrong and what should I do.
>
> (DEFPARAMETER *SOCKET-1* (SHOW (SOCKET-CONNECT (SOCKET-SERVER-PORT
> *SERVER*) "localhost" :TIMEOUT 0)))
> [SIMPLE-OS-ERROR]: UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): Invalid argument

Try previous versions, until you find one that tests OK on your system.
Ask about the problem on ·················@lists.sourceforge.net
Possibly report a bug on http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1355&atid=101355

Longer term: learn more about unix and programming, and help new releases of clisp ;-)

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__