From: daBittweiler
Subject: Cells: using def-c-echo or def-slot-change-handler and 	unbound-variable condition
After hearing so much about Kenny's Cells package I decided to give it
a test drive.
Installed via ASDF-INSTALL , grabbed 01-Cell-basics.lisp started
readed and trying to work through the '(def-model stone ....) example.

using def-c-echo accel gives me an unbound-variable condition.
(cells::def-c-echo accel ((self stone) new old old-bound-p)
  (trc "ECHO accel" :new new :old old :oldp old-bound-p))

So i did some searching and found i should use def-slot-change-handler
instead of def-c-echo.

(cells::def-slot-change-handler accel ((self stone) new old old-bound-
p)
  (trc "ECHO accel" :new new :old old :oldp old-bound-p))

results in the same unbound-variable condition on accel as before.
Yes i did use def-model stone class before trying this within repl.

Is there something I'm missing or the text I'm reading forget to
mention.  Since accel is a slot or cell in the stone class.  Thank in
advance :)

From: Ken Tilton
daBittweiler wrote:
> After hearing so much about Kenny's Cells package I decided to give it
> a test drive.
> Installed via ASDF-INSTALL , grabbed 01-Cell-basics.lisp started
> readed and trying to work through the '(def-model stone ....) example.

Hmmm. Anyone know how I can take down the asdf-install of Cells? I have
no intention of maintaining it. Do I just sail over to the cliki or
something and start editing? And what does asdf-install itself require?

I am afraid you ran into an old version of Cells. Cells is Actually
Maintained(tm) here:

   http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cells/?root=cells

Scroll way down to "download tarball" if you do not do CVS. It has a new
01-cells-basics.lisp. Just tested it OK, tho it looks like I broke my
defmodel macro at some point and you get warnings on accell and
time-elapsed being undefined.

hth, kt

ps. It is defobserver, now. k

--
http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"I've never read the rulebook. My job is to catch the ball."
   -- Catcher Josh Bard after making a great catch on a foul ball
and then sliding into the dugout, which by the rules allowed the
runners to advance one base costing his pitcher a possible shutout
because there was a runner on third base.

"My sig is longer than most of my articles."
   -- Kenny Tilton
From: Thomas F. Burdick
On Apr 29, 4:47 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> daBittweiler wrote:
> > After hearing so much about Kenny's Cells package I decided to give it
> > a test drive.
> > Installed via ASDF-INSTALL , grabbed 01-Cell-basics.lisp started
> > readed and trying to work through the '(def-model stone ....) example.
>
> Hmmm. Anyone know how I can take down the asdf-install of Cells? I have
> no intention of maintaining it. Do I just sail over to the cliki or
> something and start editing?

Yep.  You can just go ahead and remove the link.  You can also update
the page a bit (the bit about the license, for example) if you feel up
to it.

> And what does asdf-install itself require?

Pretty much a .tar.gz file containing the blessed version and an asdf-
install link on cliki.  You're also supposed to sign the release with
pgp or gpg, but as annoyed people asdf-installing cells have been
aware of, it's a continuable error if the thing isn't signed.  The
cliki page for asdf-install has the details, but it's a pretty simple
process.  Which is why it actually caught on.
From: Ken Tilton
Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> On Apr 29, 4:47 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>daBittweiler wrote:
>>
>>>After hearing so much about Kenny's Cells package I decided to give it
>>>a test drive.
>>>Installed via ASDF-INSTALL , grabbed 01-Cell-basics.lisp started
>>>readed and trying to work through the '(def-model stone ....) example.
>>
>>Hmmm. Anyone know how I can take down the asdf-install of Cells? I have
>>no intention of maintaining it. Do I just sail over to the cliki or
>>something and start editing?
>

> Yep.  You can just go ahead and remove the link.

Nailed the sucker.

thx, kt