From: gtasso
Subject: Lisbox on ubuntu
Hello all,

I am trying to get lisp box (clisp slime and freinds) setup in ubuntu.
I new to ubuntu or linux generally. Anybody could help with some
pointers. I have download lispbox.tar.gz already.

Many thanks

George Tasso

From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Lisbox on ubuntu
> I am trying to get lisp box (clisp slime and freinds) setup in ubuntu.
> I new to ubuntu or linux generally. Anybody could help with some
> pointers. I have download lispbox.tar.gz already.
Probably you shouldn't.
Install emacs-snapshot, slime and Lisp of choice and you're there. All
the applications are available through standart repositories.

--
wbr, eGlyph
From: Alex Mizrahi
 g> I am trying to get lisp box (clisp slime and freinds) setup in ubuntu.
 g> I new to ubuntu or linux generally. Anybody could help with some
 g> pointers.

run a package manager (synaptic, adept, aptitude or whatever) and install
packages from there.
set you probably need: sbcl, emacs, slime.
(if you were using Windows before, you can try xemacs instead of emacs -- it
has more sane keybindings by default)

when these three are installed, just launch emacs and try to run slime (M-x
slime).
maybe it requries few lines of configuration addtionionally, but that's
quite easy.

 g>  I have download lispbox.tar.gz already.

you can try this way too, but Ubuntu already has packages with lisp
implementations and libraries, and it might be better to use them than a
lispbox.