From: gavino
Subject: tomcat without apache
hm I re discoved tomcat being used standalone without apache.
Tomcat site says it is faster to use no apache.
Supports ssl too.

I imagine if redone in lisp it would be even better.

Is hunchentoot or whatever the latest lisp web/app server is able to
use ssl? can it perform fine without apache?

From: Brian Adkins
Subject: Re: tomcat without apache
On Apr 23, 4:48 pm, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> hm I re discoved tomcat being used standalone without apache.
> Tomcat site says it is faster to use no apache.
> Supports ssl too.
>
> I imagine if redone in lisp it would be even better.
>
> Is hunchentoot or whatever the latest lisp web/app server is able to
> use ssl? can it perform fine without apache?

Hey, would you mind replying to this? I need to test something.
From: John Thingstad
P� Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:48:52 +0200, skrev gavino <·········@gmail.com>:

> hm I re discoved tomcat being used standalone without apache.
> Tomcat site says it is faster to use no apache.
> Supports ssl too.
>
> I imagine if redone in lisp it would be even better.
>
> Is hunchentoot or whatever the latest lisp web/app server is able to
> use ssl? can it perform fine without apache?

I use Hunchentoot standalone in LispWorks with openSSL.
It can run standalone or under fast-cgi, mod-lisp, as a proxy under Apache.

John Thingstad
From: Vagif Verdi
On Apr 23, 1:48 pm, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is hunchentoot or whatever the latest lisp web/app server is able to
> use ssl? can it perform fine without apache?

Yes, hunchentoot works with SSL, and it runs standalone without apache.