From: dstein64
Subject: Package Lock Question
I have a file with a bunch of load statements and asdf:operate
statements that I use to quickly load a project I am working on. One
of the systems I am using, LISA, always prompts a message that
basically says beware, package locks... I always click 'ignore-all' to
continue loading. I do not mind, but I am preparing this for a class,
and I would like to know what I can put in my code to prevent this
warning from appearing. Thanks.

From: Albert Krewinkel
Subject: Re: Package Lock Question
dstein64 <········@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a file with a bunch of load statements and asdf:operate
> statements that I use to quickly load a project I am working on. One
> of the systems I am using, LISA, always prompts a message that
> basically says beware, package locks... I always click 'ignore-all' to
> continue loading. I do not mind, but I am preparing this for a class,
> and I would like to know what I can put in my code to prevent this
> warning from appearing. Thanks.

I noticed this package lock as well, but it didn't really bother me.
Now since you asked, I had a look at it:

One way to solve this is to change the `class-parsing-error' definition
in src/core/conditions.lisp to not use `class-name' as a reader.  That
resolves the bug (note: You may introduce a new one this way, but I
don't think so.)  This is a bug, and you should report such findings
(well, one of us should).

HTH
 Albert
From: D Herring
dstein64 wrote:
> I have a file with a bunch of load statements and asdf:operate
> statements that I use to quickly load a project I am working on. One
> of the systems I am using, LISA, always prompts a message that
> basically says beware, package locks... I always click 'ignore-all' to
> continue loading. I do not mind, but I am preparing this for a class,
> and I would like to know what I can put in my code to prevent this
> warning from appearing. Thanks.

If this is SBCL, you might try sb-ext:disable-package-locks or
sb-ext:with-unlocked-packages.  See
http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Package-Lock-Dictionary.html#Package-Lock-Dictionary
for details.

The correct fix is to stop LISA from redefining symbols outside its
package.  This may be as simple as having LISA's package shadow a few
symbols.

- Daniel
From: lisp linux
dstein64 wrote:
> I have a file with a bunch of load statements and asdf:operate
> statements that I use to quickly load a project I am working on. One
> of the systems I am using, LISA, always prompts a message that
> basically says beware, package locks... I always click 'ignore-all' to
> continue loading. I do not mind, but I am preparing this for a class,
> and I would like to know what I can put in my code to prevent this
> warning from appearing. Thanks.
A while ago I found
http://github.com/Ramarren/lisa/tree/master/src
that has a bunch of changes, including one that should fix this specific issue.
You should google to see what that author has to say regarding his changes.

You might also want to take a look at other posts on this group regarding Lisa.

-Antony