From: Jason Nielsen
Subject: ANTLR and cl backend
I have been playing around with ANTLR lately and I think it is actually
quite nice.  On the web page it indicates that there is a potential common
lisp back-end in the works.  Having looked at the AST it generates it
doesn't seem to me that this would be all that hard since it dumps sexps.
Has anyone on this list put any mojo into this?  just curious before I
investigate further.

Thanks,
Jason
From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: ANTLR and cl backend
Jason Nielsen wrote:
> I have been playing around with ANTLR lately and I think it is actually
> quite nice.  On the web page it indicates that there is a potential
> common lisp back-end in the works.  Having looked at the AST it
> generates it doesn't seem to me that this would be all that hard since
> it dumps sexps. Has anyone on this list put any mojo into this?  just
> curious before I investigate further.

I did a rough, incomplete, C-> CL translator working off the sexp dump
(tho I got that by un-commenting out the line of code that dumped it
out, not sure we are talking about the exact same thing).

Yes, great fun. Actually did some of the translation right in the
pretty-printer I was using originally just to get sensible line breaks.

Off to Amsterdam soon to deliver the Kennynote Address at the ECLM Lisp
Golden Anniversary Smackdown, more on the rebound.

kt

--
http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"I've never read the rulebook. My job is to catch the ball."
   -- Catcher Josh Bard after making a great catch on a foul ball
and then sliding into the dugout, which by the rules allowed the
runners to advance one base costing his pitcher a possible shutout
because there was a runner on third base.

"My sig is longer than most of my articles."
   -- Kenny Tilton