From: Trastabuga
Subject: asdf support in latest SBCL?
I took the latest sbcl (sbcl-1.0.15) and compiled it on my Ubuntu
system.
Now when I run (require 'asdf) it says:
debugger invoked on a SB-INT:EXTENSION-FAILURE in thread #<THREAD
"initial thread" {A72D669}>:
  Don't know how to REQUIRE ASDF.
See also:
  The SBCL Manual, Variable *MODULE-PROVIDER-FUNCTIONS*
  The SBCL Manual, Function REQUIRE

It's mentioned everywhere that ASDF get compiled in SBCL and before it
always was. Has it changed now?
From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: asdf support in latest SBCL?
Trastabuga <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> I took the latest sbcl (sbcl-1.0.15) and compiled it on my Ubuntu
> system.
> Now when I run (require 'asdf) it says:
> debugger invoked on a SB-INT:EXTENSION-FAILURE in thread #<THREAD
> "initial thread" {A72D669}>:
>   Don't know how to REQUIRE ASDF.
> See also:
>   The SBCL Manual, Variable *MODULE-PROVIDER-FUNCTIONS*
>   The SBCL Manual, Function REQUIRE
>
> It's mentioned everywhere that ASDF get compiled in SBCL and before it
> always was. Has it changed now?

ASDF is still normally installed along with SBCL. It's possible you
haven't fully installed 1.0.15, or something else is wrong.

What happens if you start SBCL with:

  sbcl --userinit /dev/null --sysinit /dev/null

?

Zach