From: normanj
Subject: How to disable a warning?
Here is the code: (from the book "On Lisp", chapter 23)
  (setq cont #'identity)

SBCL complains:
  undefined variable: CONT

The variable "CONT" can't be defined here -- I mean, using "defvar" or
"defparameter", other macros depends on this undefined variable to do
some tricky things.
Is there a way to disable this warning? Then, any code using those
macros will not cause warnings?

In Visual C++, you can disable a specific type of warnings by:
#pragma warning(disable:4786)
Is there a similar method in Lisp?

Thanks.
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: How to disable a warning?
normanj wrote:
> Here is the code: (from the book "On Lisp", chapter 23)
>   (setq cont #'identity)
>
> SBCL complains:
>   undefined variable: CONT
>
> The variable "CONT" can't be defined here -- I mean, using "defvar" or
> "defparameter", other macros depends on this undefined variable to do
> some tricky things.
> Is there a way to disable this warning? Then, any code using those
> macros will not cause warnings?
>
> In Visual Crap++, you can disable a specific type of warnings by:
> #pragma warning(disable:4786)
> Is there a similar method in Lisp?

CL-USER> (locally (declare (sb-ext:muffle-conditions warning))
            (setf blah t))

Lars Rune N�stdal
http://nostdal.org/