From: Berlin Brown
Subject: ABCL Lisp, continue project?
Are there any plans for anyone else to pick up this project or is
Peter still working on it.

http://armedbear.org/abcl.html

It is a great utility, especially if you have to use code targetted
for the java VM.

I think I see patches in the mailing list, but doesn't seem to be
plans for major releases in the future.

Anyway, if you are considering a JVM langauge, I wonder consider that
you check ABCL.  As long as it works with my project, I am happy.

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: Re: ABCL Lisp, continue project?
On Apr 11, 1:41 pm, Berlin Brown <············@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any plans for anyone else to pick up this project or is
> Peter still working on it.
>
> http://armedbear.org/abcl.html

The major problem from what I know (not to rule out other
problems) is that ABCL has trouble with lexical and dynamic
binding. There was some traffic on the ABCL mailing list
about that a few months ago. Maybe someone who understands
that stuff can try to fix it.

Dunno what are the development plans or anything like that.
The mailing list has been quiet for the last few months.

FWIW

Robert Dodier
From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
On 2008-04-12, Robert Dodier <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dunno what are the development plans or anything like that.
> The mailing list has been quiet for the last few months.

I tried to email Peter some time (two months? Can't remember)
ago, and hismailbox was full.

Anyway, I do consider ABCL a good Lisp implementation, and did
my best to get Spartns to work with it (also with XCL :-)

J.
From: Alex Mizrahi
 BB> I think I see patches in the mailing list, but doesn't seem to be
 BB> plans for major releases in the future.

who needs major release, haven't it already reached perfection? :)

seriously, ABCL works fine for stuff i'm doing..
certainly it misses some stuff like advanced MOP, but IMHO MOP is dark side
of the force anyway, so that is actually good that it doesn't support it :)
From: Pascal Costanza
Alex Mizrahi wrote:
>  BB> I think I see patches in the mailing list, but doesn't seem to be
>  BB> plans for major releases in the future.
>
> who needs major release, haven't it already reached perfection? :)
>
> seriously, ABCL works fine for stuff i'm doing..
> certainly it misses some stuff like advanced MOP, but IMHO MOP is dark side
> of the force anyway, so that is actually good that it doesn't support it :)

Heresy! ;)

--
1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/