From: Chun Tian
Subject: Symbolics Lisp Machine Documents (PDF)
http://binghe.lisp.googlepages.com/

Is it safe to put these old documents in public? I think some of them
are still valuable for learn lisp.

From: ·······@eurogaran.com
Subject: Re: Symbolics Lisp Machine Documents (PDF)
> Is it safe to put these old documents in public?

It probably isn't. Symbolics tradition of secrecy seems to pervade its
own defunction.

> I think some of them
> are still valuable for learn lisp.

There are lots of hidden pearls among them. For instance, in the
"reference cards" document there is a diagram of the loop facility
worth to be included in the hyperspec.

There is some of them missing, though. Notably the CLIM books, which
due to a bug in the last Genera release cannot be seen nor printed,
and also the book about CLOS written by Sonya Keene, which was to be
part of the Genera online documentation but it seems never was.
By the way... Anyone knows or can contact Sonya? Would she be
interested in making her book public domain?
From: ········@gmail.com
On Apr 3, 3:10 am, ·······@eurogaran.com wrote:
> and also the book about CLOS written by Sonya Keene, which was to be
> part of the Genera online documentation but it seems never was.
> By the way... Anyone knows or can contact Sonya? Would she be
> interested in making her book public domain?

Symbolics holds the copyright on that, too, plus it's still possible
to get new copies from the publisher.  I did just last month.  I doubt
anyone with the power to do so will be motivated to free it.

--
wm