From: ZelluX
Subject: How to repeat previous lines in DrScheme?
Hi all
In the DrScheme interaction window, is there any way to repeat
previous lines i typed? Just like up-arrow key does in Linux
terminals.

many thanks

From: Rommel M. Martinez
Subject: Re: How to repeat previous lines in DrScheme?
On Apr 3, 1:33 pm, ZelluX <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> In the DrScheme interaction window, is there any way to repeat
> previous lines i typed? Just like up-arrow key does in Linux
> terminals.
>
> many thanks

The key for that is M-p or ESC-p.

You can learn more about it at:

http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/372/html/drscheme/drscheme-Z-H-3.html#node_sec_3.3.6

--
Rommel M. Martinez
From: Pascal Costanza
ZelluX wrote:
> Hi all
> In the DrScheme interaction window, is there any way to repeat
> previous lines i typed? Just like up-arrow key does in Linux
> terminals.

It's more likely that you get an answer in comp.lang.scheme

Pascal

--
1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/

My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
ZelluX <······@gmail.com> writes:
> In the DrScheme interaction window, is there any way to repeat
> previous lines i typed? Just like up-arrow key does in Linux
> terminals.

I don't know. I guess at the very least, you should be able to write
some scheme code to modify DrScheme user interface, ISTR that it's
like emacs in this respect (but perhaps a little harder to customize
than emacs).

But actually, what I do, is to stay with emacs:

   C-u M-x inferior-lisp RET /usr/bin/mzscheme RET

You've got the scheme of DrScheme, but with all the niceties of
emacs.   Great!

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: Griff
From: George Neuner
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:24:31 -0700 (PDT), Griff <·······@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1. Use CTRL+[up|down] to cycle through previous expressions.
>2. You ought to post to comp.lang.scheme.
>3. You can also try the PLT discussion list for PLT specific stuff:
>http://www.plt-scheme.org/maillist/

Interesting.  This definitely works but I can't find it in the help.
AFAICS, help only mentions ESC-(p|n).

George
--
for email reply remove "/" from address
From: John Thingstad
P� Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:36:39 +0200, skrev George Neuner
<·········@/comcast.net>:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:24:31 -0700 (PDT), Griff <·······@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 1. Use CTRL+[up|down] to cycle through previous expressions.
>> 2. You ought to post to comp.lang.scheme.
>> 3. You can also try the PLT discussion list for PLT specific stuff:
>> http://www.plt-scheme.org/maillist/
>
> Interesting.  This definitely works but I can't find it in the help.
> AFAICS, help only mentions ESC-(p|n).
>
> George
> --
> for email reply remove "/" from address

Well try Alt-p and Alt-n which is the standard mapping..
It is common to map these to the arrow keys.

--------------
John Thingstad
From: Griff
On Apr 4, 8:07 pm, "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> wrote:
> Well try Alt-p and Alt-n which is the standard mapping..
> It is common to map these to the arrow keys.

In DrScheme the keybindings to cycle through s-expressions are called
"put-previous-sexp" and "put-next-sexp". If you go to the menu and
open "Edit->Keybindings->Show Active Keybindings" you can see all of
them. Sort them by name or key.

There are usually a few keybindings for every keychord.

I chose the (c:up) and (c:down) chords because on Windows (m:p) opens
the "Special" menu unless you go to "Edit->Preferences->General" and
uncheck "Enable keybindings in menus".
From: George Neuner
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:33:02 -0700 (PDT), ZelluX <······@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all
>In the DrScheme interaction window, is there any way to repeat
>previous lines i typed? Just like up-arrow key does in Linux
>terminals.
>
>many thanks

ESC-p(revious) and ESC-n(ext) cycle through the history.

DrScheme seems to have an automatic "dribble" feature ... it retains
interaction window history across multiple sessions of the editor -
you can start the editor and immediately press ESC-p to get history
from your last session.

The help doesn't say how many lines are kept or for how long, but I've
gone back hundreds of lines across several (short) sessions.

George
--
for email reply remove "/" from address