From: kostiska
Subject: asdf-install intall on acl 8.0 using lispbox = Help Needed Please
Hi to the lisp community,
I am trying to catch up with lisp (haven't used since 92-93) and it is
pretty much a pain in the ....
The main reason is I guess documentation (or me getting stupid)
My objective is to install asdf-install in order to gain easy access
to the set of tools around

ACL 8.0 has asdf already in place.
I figured out most of the clinit.cl mystery after reading the
lispbox.el of slime . I changed the -qq to -q to have a clinit.file
I put the following in the clinit file in order to have the *central-
registry* to point where I intent.

(require 'asdf)
; ASDF Configuration
(pushnew "/Program Files/LispBox-0.7/lib/"
         asdf
:*central-registry*
         :test #'equal)

(pushnew "/Program Files/LispBox-0.7/asdf-install/asdf-install/"
         asdf:*central-registry*
         :test #'equal)

The first dir is my central repository and the second where the asdf-
install is
I give from the prompt
(asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-op :asdf-install)
and  I get

component "asdf-install" not found
   [Condition of type MISSING-COMPONENT]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to sldb level 2.
  1: [ABORT] Return to sldb level 1.
  2: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
  3: [ABORT] Abort entirely from this (lisp) process.

What do I do wrong ?
From: kostiska
Well I managed to asdf:load-op asdf-install in a standalone lisp
(allegro). I guess the problem lies in the slime part somewhere . Any
case I decided after reading carefully older posts to skip asdf-
install .
Kostis