From: Nikola Skoric
Subject: web and HTML libraries
Few weeks ago I started writing a web bot in python, and after few
days I had to start over because it turned out that I didn't google
enough, and that these days everybody uses urllib2 for feching of web
pages and BeautifulSoup for parsing HTML. I, of course, was using some
outdated libraries nobody uses anymore, and had to start over.

So, not to do the same mistake again, here is my question: what
libraries do I use for fetching web pages and parsing HTML in Common
Lisp? :-)

--
"Now the storm has passed over me
I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea

From: Timofei Shatrov
Subject: Re: web and HTML libraries
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:44:35 +0000 (UTC), Nikola Skoric <·········@net4u.hr>
tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>So, not to do the same mistake again, here is my question: what
>libraries do I use for fetching web pages and parsing HTML in Common
>Lisp? :-)

I'm currently running a vote-bot, which uses Drakma [1] as web client. As for
parsing, I use CL-PPCRE, but this part is almost unexistant for my task. Some
XML parsers can support HTML, and you can search for them on http://cliki.net

[1] http://weitz.de/drakma/

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Alex Mizrahi
(message (Hello 'Nikola)
(you :wrote  :on '(Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:44:35 +0000 (UTC)))
(

 NS> libraries do I use for fetching web pages

there are many of them

 NS>  and parsing HTML in Common Lisp? :-)

possibly this:

http://www.cliki.net/pxmlutils

but it didn't work for my a bit non-standard CL, so i used regular
expressions (cl-ppcre) :)

)
"Hanging In The Balance Of Deceit And Blasphemy")