From: Xah Lee
Subject: need scsh in a wikip article
i was browsing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_computer_shells

quite fucking ridiculous that it contains Python shell and Ruby shell,
and, there's no mentioning of scsh.

Fuck the schemer morons.

someone please add scsh there.

  Xah
  ···@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: need scsh in a wikip article
On Sep 11, Xah Lee wrote:
i was browsinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_computer_shells

quite fucking ridiculous that it contains Python shell and Ruby shell,
and, there's no mentioning of scsh.

Fuck the schemer morons.

someone please add scsh there.

------------------

2007-09-11, Addendum:

It should be noted, that “Python shell” and “Ruby shell” should be
removed from that page. Because, these are not command line interfaces
to a OS.

While, scsh, is designed, to be a shell in the traditional sense of
being a command line interface to OS (unixes).

Also note, from the perspective of sociology, that the fact Python and
Ruby langs are added to that page, is a indication of the
motherfucking computer language fanatism at play. If we were to
condone or further this enthusiasm, i suggest Commond Lispers, and
Emacs lispers, also added a CL Shell and Emacs Lisp shell to that
page, since for all practical purposes, these langs provide the same
interactive facilities as Python and Ruby. Also, Haskell enthus should
add Haskell shell there too.

Also note, such fanatical bias are exhibited in severe degrees in
respective language's articles in wikipedia, in particular: the
article on Python and Perl. (and undoubtly others too in various
degrees but these 2 in particular i personally know well) To actually
fix these articles to rid of bias, marketing, fanatism, is nigh
impossible due to the nature of wikipedia and the army of respective
lang's advocates. The inaccuracy and warring nature, is analogous to
controversial articles on wikip, and perhaps it would fix itself over
the years as wikipedia have matured in incredible ways in the mere few
years in the past. However, the article on comparison of shell as
cited in the above, could probably be fixed now without reaching a
impasse or war, since the article contains multitudes of shells/langs
(thus in not horded by one exclusive army faction), and the factual
error of Python/Ruby there is relatively plain.

  Xah
  ···@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/
From: ········@gmail.com
> someone please add scsh there.

Why can't YOU add scsh or I am missing something??

Andrey
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:10:09 -0700, ·········@gmail.com" <········@gmail.com>
tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>> someone please add scsh there.
>
>Why can't YOU add scsh or I am missing something??

Maybe he is banned?

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: ········@gmail.com
On 12 ����, 13:32, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:10:09 -0700, ·········@gmail.com" <········@gmail.com>
> tried to confuse everyone with this message:
>
> >> someone please add scsh there.
>
> >Why can't YOU add scsh or I am missing something??
>
> Maybe he is banned?

Huh, that sounds reasonable.

Andrey