From: Jason  Sidabras
Subject: Femlisp, gnuplot on OSX
hello all,

Has anyone gotten femlisp and gnuplot working on OSX? I have
successfully installed and ran (femlisp-demos) but as I go through the
demo process I continuously get <plot suppressed> whenever I am
expecting a plot. I have gnuplot in my path and i have run it in both
xterm and with osx-terminal.

btw, new to lisp.

Jason

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: Femlisp, gnuplot on OSX
Jason  Sidabras <··············@gmail.com> writes:

> hello all,
>
> Has anyone gotten femlisp and gnuplot working on OSX? I have
> successfully installed and ran (femlisp-demos) but as I go through the
> demo process I continuously get <plot suppressed> whenever I am
> expecting a plot. I have gnuplot in my path and i have run it in both
> xterm and with osx-terminal.
>
> btw, new to lisp.
>
> Jason

Hello Jason,

Femlisp uses Gnuplot only for simple plotting of graphs, i.e.

(plot '(#(1 2) #(2 3)))

should give a line. For other plots, it uses OpenDX which can be easily
installed on OS X (Fink: package "dx").

HTH, Nicolas
From: Nicolas Neuss
Nicolas Neuss <········@mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> Jason  Sidabras <··············@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > hello all,
> >
> > Has anyone gotten femlisp and gnuplot working on OSX? I have
> > successfully installed and ran (femlisp-demos) but as I go through the
> > demo process I continuously get <plot suppressed> whenever I am
> > expecting a plot. I have gnuplot in my path and i have run it in both
> > xterm and with osx-terminal.
> >
> > btw, new to lisp.
> >
> > Jason
>
> Hello Jason,
>
> Femlisp uses Gnuplot only for simple plotting of graphs, i.e.
>
> (plot '(#(1 2) #(2 3)))

And before this is going to work, you have to enable plotting (which was
automatically disabled when loading Femlisp, because DX was not found)
using

(setq fl.plot::*plot* t)

Nicolas
From: Jason  Sidabras
On Sep 7, 3:29 am, Nicolas Neuss <········@mathematik.uni-
karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Nicolas Neuss <········@mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
> > Jason  Sidabras <··············@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > > hello all,
>
> > > Has anyone gottenfemlispandgnuplotworking on OSX? I have
> > > successfully installed and ran (femlisp-demos) but as I go through the
> > > demo process I continuously get <plot suppressed> whenever I am
> > > expecting a plot. I havegnuplotin my path and i have run it in both
> > > xterm and with osx-terminal.
>
> > > btw, new to lisp.
>
> > > Jason
>
> > Hello Jason,
>
> >FemlispusesGnuplotonly for simple plotting of graphs, i.e.
>
> > (plot '(#(1 2) #(2 3)))
>
> And before this is going to work, you have to enable plotting (which was
> automatically disabled when loadingFemlisp, because DX was not found)
> using
>
> (setq fl.plot::*plot* t)
>
> Nicolas

thanks this worked perfectly!