From: ·········@gmail.com
Subject: What's This?
Today I read the book 'Ruby on Rails', in the preface, the author
mentions how Rails has changed the world and provides some examples,
like SQL on Rails, MonoRails, Lisp on line...
However, there is not any information about 'Lisp on Line' when i
google it. What's This?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: What's This?
··········@gmail.com" <·········@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

> However, there is not any information about 'Lisp on Line' when i
> google it. What's This?

First google result for "lisp on lines":

,----[ http://www.cliki.net/lisp-on-lines ]
| Lisp-on-lines is a web application framework built on top of CLSQL and
| UCW and provides an application development model similar in many ways
| to Ruby on Rails. Right now it can be found at
| http://versions.tech.coop/lisp-on-lines/.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
From: Drew Crampsie
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:40:55 -0700, ·········@gmail.com wrote:

> Today I read the book 'Ruby on Rails', in the preface, the author
> mentions how Rails has changed the world and provides some examples,
> like SQL on Rails, MonoRails, Lisp on line...
> However, there is not any information about 'Lisp on Line' when i
> google it. What's This?

I'm the author of Lisp on Lines (note the #\s). It's a completely
undocumented web framework which i use as part of my work at The Tech
Co-op (tech.coop).

Can you tell me more about this book? I'm sure there are a few rails
books around, and i wouldn't mind seeing LoL in print :).

Also, a little bird told me to watch for lisp-on-lines.com, but that
little bird has been known to fib in the past.

drewc

From: Drew Crampsie
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 01:33:04 -0700, ·········@gmail.com wrote:

> OK. I went to Library today morning for searching that book again. Its
> name is 'Agile Web Development with Rails', author is Dave Thomas &
> David Heinemeier Hansson. But i guess you will not see what i had said
> yesterday as that preface is wroten by the translator -- A Chinese
> author whose name is Zhengxun Lin        rails   --         .

Thanks for the information :).

> Also i
> will write to the author as he made mistake on your projects -- he
> mentioned it as 'Lisp on line'.

That's ok, the /double entendre/ in the name is in english underground
cultural reference anyway ;)

Cheers,
drewc