From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Loop four times slower than maphash?!
This is AllegroCL since it might be an implementation thing. Someone on
the team reports loop being four times slower than maphash. I see loop
expands to with-hash-table-iterator, never heard of that one before tho
there she is in CLHS.

wtf?

kenny

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"We are what we pretend to be." -Kurt Vonnegut

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: Loop four times slower than maphash?!
Ken Tilton wrote:
> This is AllegroCL since it might be an implementation thing. Someone on
> the team reports loop being four times slower than maphash. I see loop
> expands to with-hash-table-iterator, never heard of that one before tho
> there she is in CLHS.
>
> wtf?

Never mind. Unable to recreate more than 30% lag, eliminated by
compiling the loop version at the speed setting 3 the vendor uses for
maphash, which I learned when the Franz Holiday Tech-Support and
Water-Skiing Team responded.

kt

From: David Lichteblau
On 2007-09-02, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> This is AllegroCL since it might be an implementation thing. Someone on
> the team reports loop being four times slower than maphash. I see loop
> expands to with-hash-table-iterator, never heard of that one before tho
> there she is in CLHS.

I've heard Franz is selling support for their Lisp.

But I guess if you cannot afford it, you'll have to ask cll instead.
From: Ken Tilton
David Lichteblau wrote:
> On 2007-09-02, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>This is AllegroCL since it might be an implementation thing. Someone on
>>the team reports loop being four times slower than maphash. I see loop
>>expands to with-hash-table-iterator, never heard of that one before tho
>>there she is in CLHS.
>

> I've heard Franz is selling support for their Lisp.

You mean for the Express edition? For any other license support is free
and awesome.

> But I guess if you cannot afford it, you'll have to ask cll instead.

I asked both as you can see by now (in a followup I posted).

I posted here because I was wondering if there was something I was
missing about LOOP.

kt